cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Quest won’t update

eugenioceriello
Honored Guest
My quest doesn’t update. It’s stuck on version 3.6. 
Theres no more option on the app to select the automatic updates. I’ve tried to delete the app and download it again with no effect. The quest is not turned off and always on standby and on WiFi.wlpzh5ok8dpn.jpeg quest S
18 REPLIES 18

ezop73
Rising Star
turn on the quest , plug it in to charge and leave it overnight, that's what i did

eugenioceriello
Honored Guest
I know 😞
that’s the problem. My quest is always on on standby and left overnight connected to WiFi. This is why I don’t understand I haven’t received the update after a week!  😞

ezop73
Rising Star
Oculus official support page for updating the quest https://support.oculus.com/565676937249229/

Your Oculus Quest headset is updated automatically when connected to Wi-Fi and turned on. To make sure that your Oculus Quest software is updated automatically, make sure that:
  • your headset is charged, turned on and connected to Wi-Fi;
  • you allow your headset to sit on a flat surface without moving the headset or blocking the inside sensor for an extended period of time.
Note: Your Oculus Quest is not updated automatically while turned off.

I don't know if you use a lens cover or not but if you do, try leaving it off.

stealthieone
Honored Guest
Same problem I'm having.. It will not update after a factory reset 

Whitesox093
Honored Guest
Mine wont update as well, I've been trying to figure out how to update it the past couple days, oculus doesnt have the automatic update option on the app anymore for some reason, so idk how people are updating the headset

maxcovergold
Protege
Same here

Whitesox093
Honored Guest
Mine just updated, a dev commented on my google play store review and told me how to do it, plug your headset in, I had to get mine to 100 percent battery, I'm not sure if you have to do that, as I turned my headset on, I looked through the lens and I saw it was updating, I also just tapped my power button, I didnt hold it

AkimboByte
Honored Guest
I was having the same issue.  Tried most everything listed in this thread (except doing a factory reset).  I'm not sure if this will fix it for everyone but I tried this:  I powered off the headset, made a DHCP reservation on my router and rebooted it.  I powered on the headset and immediately got a screen that something was installing (firmware maybe?).  After it finished, I rebooted the headset and tried the downloads again (I had 19 updates).  They all went as expected.  However, since the firmware updated right after I rebooted my router, I'm not sure what fixed it...

darkkenblade02
Honored Guest
I started the software update at 1 and now its 11 and its stuck at 50%