Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Install Path

Crackernutter
Honored Guest
How to change Install path to:
C:\Oculus\

Installer defaults to C:\Program Files\Oculus\ and will not let me change it. This pisses me off, why remove option to change it ???
9 REPLIES 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
The option was never there to remove, they do allow changing drives for installing games by default.
There is a way to install Oculus Home to another drive, might search for it I do not know it off top of my head.

Crackernutter
Honored Guest
dburne,
Sure, I know how to change drive, I found it.
But I do not want to change install drive.
I want to change Install directory on C drive. Solution proposed in Support article does not help with this.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok so maybe I am not clear here.
I changed the install directory for my games on C:, from C:/Program Files/Oculus to C:Oculus to install my games on.
So my Oculus installation software is still in the Program Files folder, but I can put anything I download for play in the C: Oculus  directory, not the Program Files directory.
So the directory for my games on C is C:/Oculus/Software/Software

Is this what you are trying to accomplish?

Crackernutter
Honored Guest
Nope, I want to change path for Oculus installation software, as you put it, to C:\Oculus, not C:\Program Files\Oculus.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Nope, I want to change path for Oculus installation software, as you put it, to C:\Oculus, not C:\Program Files\Oculus.

There is a way to do it that involves using a command line parameter, sorry I do not know the details of it.
Should be something on it in the forums here somewhere, or maybe someone else will come along that knows what it is.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok found it, here ya go:
https://support.oculus.com/1225089714318112/#faq_1142129705828091

Edit , ok that may be same article you were looking to - if that don't help then I have no idea sorry.

reb1rth
Protege
I noticed this too, but couldn't change it.  However, you can change the install path of apps/games, which should come in handy if your system drive explodes.  The gripe I have with Oculus' installer is the firewall problems it invites.  The first setup exe unpacks another setup exe to a temp directory, which became a nightmare to give permissions to so it can download that 7-8 gigs of data.  I couldn't get around it without disabling the public (Windows) firewall for the installation, which isn't advisable.  I'm using freebie MalwareBytes FW control, so maybe there was a conflict somewhere.  It was flagging the temp exe rule as invalid and probably stopping Oculus from adding an exclusion, or something.  Thought I'd mention it since it held me back for 20 minutes or so and I've seen several posts online where people seem to be stuck with this or a similar related problem (at least by their description).

Crackernutter
Honored Guest
dburne - yeah, this is the post I referenced. It does not solve my problem. Anyways, thanks for trying to help, but it is not your job to solve it.

Facebook people, please solve it and give me solution ASAP.
I posted issue 3 hours ago and no body replied as of yet.

gales81
Honored Guest
sorry not here