cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rift S and steamvr broken now...

sedwity
Honored Guest
So after the update on july 29th (i believe ) I can no longer get my rift s to work at all with steamvr. as soon as steam vr opens the oculus app crashes then trys to reopen itself forever. 

this is for both unity3d and any steamvr game.
this has completely made it impossible for me to work, and I'm highly upset at this as i just bought this headset a few weeks ago id hate to have to replace it already. 

some info.

I'm on windows 10.
unity 2019.1.7f1
steamvr 2.2.0
oculus 1.39
rift S system.

please if i can get any sort of temp fix so i can work until the patch for this is out that would be so helpful
2 REPLIES 2

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP
If steamvr was broken for all Rift S users there would be a stampede of complaints.  Since you are the only one of very few complaints it is probably something specific to your system imho.

I would try to contact Oculus support and ask them to help, esp. if you cannot access Oculus Store apps.  They are usually very helpful.

If you can access Oculus Store apps no problem then it may be a problem with SteamVR.  If you are in a beta try rolling back.  Otherwise, contact Steam support.  They are also usually very helpful.

While it is impossible to say for sure, in your case, it might be a good idea to uninstall/reinstall Oculus.
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

2.2.0 is the beta SteamVR isn't it? have you tried the non-beta?

As @TomCgcmfc says, it's likely to be something specific to your system but you could also try the non-beta branch, just to check if that helps, currently v1.5.16