New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Tracking loss

Hi,
I've got some tracking issues with the headset. The display turns occasionnally to black for a second and then guardian boundaries appear. it's very short, maybe 2 sec all in all. I used to have tracking loss before the last update, but less often and I returned to the home. Now it's more often and BoxVR is concerned, which one was running fine before. I tried to change lighting, factory reset... Nothing help.
Oculus Quest - MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Edge - i7 8700 - 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200 MHz - Aorus GTX 1080Ti - Crucial MX300 500Go + 1To - Corsair RM650X 80+ gold

Comments

• dodob19dodob19 Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    Happened to me a couple of times in Beat Saber today in about 2 hours of play: screen goes black for 1-2 seconds. Game came back and I didn't seem to have missed any beats/notes/boxes. Didn't see the guardian pop up.
  • cmundy79cmundy79 Posts: 9
    Brain Burst
    It’s a known issue with the CV1. The latest update broke tracking. I confirmed this by opening a support ticket with oculus. They’re looking into it but don’t have an eta.
  • VRBabe14VRBabe14 Posts: 188
    Art3mis
    That explains why I keep getting booted back to home
    Oculus Quest Status:
    RECEIVED Tues, May 21 2019 12:01 PM GMT
    UPDATE: FAULTY, ISSUED REPLACEMENT Fri, July 26 2019

Oculus Rift & Touch Bundle Status:
    RECEIVED Thurs, Sept 07 2017 2:38 PM GMT

Oculus Rift DK2
  • VCRRepairmanVCRRepairman Posts: 16
    Brain Burst
    cmundy79 said:
    It’s a known issue with the CV1. The latest update broke tracking. I confirmed this by opening a support ticket with oculus. They’re looking into it but don’t have an eta.
    The OP isn't talking about the Rift. They're talking about the Quest. I had this problem too until I had to do a factory reset. Did you sideload anything? I wonder if some apps have memory leaks or something that the OS can't handle. 
  • VRBabe14VRBabe14 Posts: 188
    Art3mis
    @VCRRepairman update 7 is based off the rift s update as it fixes rift s, go, and quest tracking too. If the rift s is having issues so will the others because its the same code. The rift s uses the same tracking inside out.
    Oculus Quest Status:
    RECEIVED Tues, May 21 2019 12:01 PM GMT
    UPDATE: FAULTY, ISSUED REPLACEMENT Fri, July 26 2019

Oculus Rift & Touch Bundle Status:
    RECEIVED Thurs, Sept 07 2017 2:38 PM GMT

Oculus Rift DK2
  • JohanTEAJohanTEA Posts: 58
    Hiro Protagonist
    I have the same issue as well, version 333700.3780.0 installed. The black flip to guardian and back happens about once each 20 minutes or so for me.
  • Yobiwan29Yobiwan29 Posts: 100
    Art3mis
    Support asked me to decrease the Guardian sensitivity in settings. Doesn't matter what I set, black screen again. Very few since the factory reset, but the issue is not solved so far.
    Oculus Quest - MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Edge - i7 8700 - 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200 MHz - Aorus GTX 1080Ti - Crucial MX300 500Go + 1To - Corsair RM650X 80+ gold
  • JohanTEAJohanTEA Posts: 58
    Hiro Protagonist
    edited August 2019
    My tracking also drifts/moves quite a bit. See here, quite noticeable at 15s in.

In my opinion the guardian boundary should stay fixed where I marked it, but it doesn't.
    Do you guys experience this as well?

• Yobiwan29Yobiwan29 Posts: 100
    Art3mis
    cmundy79 said:
    The OP isn't talking about the Rift. They're talking about the Quest. I had this problem too until I had to do a factory reset. Did you sideload anything? I wonder if some apps have memory leaks or something that the OS can't handle. 
    Nothing sideloaded here.