Tracking loss — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Tracking loss

Yobiwan29Yobiwan29 Posts: 53
Hiro Protagonist
Hi,
I've got some tracking issues with the headset. The display turns occasionnally to black for a second and then guardian boundaries appear. it's very short, maybe 2 sec all in all. I used to have tracking loss before the last update, but less often and I returned to the home. Now it's more often and BoxVR is concerned, which one was running fine before. I tried to change lighting, factory reset... Nothing help.
Oculus Rift S - Oculus Quest - Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming - i7 8700 - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200 MHz - Aorus GTX 1080Ti - 2 To SSD - Corsair RM650X 80+ gold

Comments

• dodob19dodob19 Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    Happened to me a couple of times in Beat Saber today in about 2 hours of play: screen goes black for 1-2 seconds. Game came back and I didn't seem to have missed any beats/notes/boxes. Didn't see the guardian pop up.
  • cmundy79cmundy79 Posts: 9
    NerveGear
    It’s a known issue with the CV1. The latest update broke tracking. I confirmed this by opening a support ticket with oculus. They’re looking into it but don’t have an eta.
  • VRBabe14VRBabe14 Posts: 177
    Art3mis
    That explains why I keep getting booted back to home
    Oculus Quest Status:
    RECEIVED Tues, May 21 2019 12:01 PM GMT
    UPDATE: FAULTY, ISSUED REPLACEMENT Fri, July 26 2019

Oculus Rift & Touch Bundle Status:
    RECEIVED Thurs, Sept 07 2017 2:38 PM GMT

Oculus Rift DK2
  • VCRRepairmanVCRRepairman Posts: 11
    NerveGear
    cmundy79 said:
    It’s a known issue with the CV1. The latest update broke tracking. I confirmed this by opening a support ticket with oculus. They’re looking into it but don’t have an eta.
    The OP isn't talking about the Rift. They're talking about the Quest. I had this problem too until I had to do a factory reset. Did you sideload anything? I wonder if some apps have memory leaks or something that the OS can't handle. 
  • VRBabe14VRBabe14 Posts: 177
    Art3mis
    @VCRRepairman update 7 is based off the rift s update as it fixes rift s, go, and quest tracking too. If the rift s is having issues so will the others because its the same code. The rift s uses the same tracking inside out.
    Oculus Quest Status:
    RECEIVED Tues, May 21 2019 12:01 PM GMT
    UPDATE: FAULTY, ISSUED REPLACEMENT Fri, July 26 2019

Oculus Rift & Touch Bundle Status:
    RECEIVED Thurs, Sept 07 2017 2:38 PM GMT

Oculus Rift DK2
  • JohanTEAJohanTEA Posts: 34
    Brain Burst
    I have the same issue as well, version 333700.3780.0 installed. The black flip to guardian and back happens about once each 20 minutes or so for me.
  • Yobiwan29Yobiwan29 Posts: 53
    Hiro Protagonist
    Support asked me to decrease the Guardian sensitivity in settings. Doesn't matter what I set, black screen again. Very few since the factory reset, but the issue is not solved so far.
    Oculus Rift S - Oculus Quest - Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming - i7 8700 - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200 MHz - Aorus GTX 1080Ti - 2 To SSD - Corsair RM650X 80+ gold
  • JohanTEAJohanTEA Posts: 34
    Brain Burst
    edited August 10
    My tracking also drifts/moves quite a bit. See here, quite noticeable at 15s in.

In my opinion the guardian boundary should stay fixed where I marked it, but it doesn't.
    Do you guys experience this as well?

• Yobiwan29Yobiwan29 Posts: 53
    Hiro Protagonist
    cmundy79 said:
    The OP isn't talking about the Rift. They're talking about the Quest. I had this problem too until I had to do a factory reset. Did you sideload anything? I wonder if some apps have memory leaks or something that the OS can't handle. 
    Nothing sideloaded here.