Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When Will HTC Ever Learn..?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Argos are selling the HTC Vive Cosmos for 700 quid:

https://www.argos.co.uk/product/1478655

So the Rift S is going to be 300 quid cheaper and the Valve Index only 220 quid more expensive.

No surprise tbh, the company has been run by idiots for quite some time now.
68 REPLIES 68

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
@snowdog
Seems that this price is an unconfirmed rumor so far; and Argo may have just used that price as a placeholder.

Anonymous
Not applicable
That guy is wrong about Argos, they're very well known for having decent prices. Not sure where he got that idea from. Perhaps not when you compare them to the likes of Amazon but that goes for just about every retailer on the planet.

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
I didn't understand what the guy was saying in that video the audio seemed really bad.

Shadowmask72
Honored Visionary
This is a good price if the headset is decent. I will certainly be interested in getting one. However, I am going to go out on a limb and say it will look quite similar to the Index minus the smooth 120/144hz playback and slightly wider FOV.

System Specs: MSI NVIDIA RTX 4090 , i5 13700K CPU, 32GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 11 64 Bit OS.

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
Will the HTC Cosmos be able to use the wireless device it has for other Vive headsets? I could then get myself the HTC Cosmos and wireless device and basically have myself a PC -VR wireless headset for the price of the Valve index. Happy days if I can do this.

Digikid1
Consultant
It’s HTC. They NEVER LEARN. 

RedRizla
Honored Visionary

Digikid1 said:

It’s HTC. They NEVER LEARN. 

Are you saying the HTC Cosmos can't use the same wireless device it uses for the other HTC headsets? I'm not sure what you mean by they never learn? There's a few people in this thread who don't seem to mind it being £699, if that's what you mean.
I myself will be looking at it -Especially if I can use it wireless for the same price I'd pay for the Valve index.

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
I just read it should be able to do wireless with a device like the Vive pro has. What's even more interesting is I think it might be able to connect to your mobile phone. It also has colour pass through camera's and there's even a possibility that it might connect to external sensors.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just look up the headset - for 700 it does seem a little over price - but really - it seems to be in the middle with its own feature set. Downside it wont have the Oculus store backing - but really doesn't seem that bad. You are getting a "better" screen, same strap as the "pro" versions, head phones, flip in out easy access, and a few other features for 300 more than the R S. Really - the price doesn't seem that bad off considering PC owners buy the Index and HTC/CV1 for around the same on release. 

I guess when you compare all headsets - it really just comes down to what you want as a customer. This is a good thing as this offers choice to users. We have low cost options now to highest end. So at that point - it really just comes down to what having a hing means to you. Some people will live with out it - while others think its worth every penny to be able to flip in and out to work on code/see the real life.

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
@Mradr - Well if the HTC Cosmos has all the features in the link I posted, then it has more then just the things you've posted about. There's talk about it connecting to you mobile phone, colour pass through camera's, possible support for external sensors. I'm really looking forward to hearing more about it and hope this is all true. I also want to know more about the 40% more clarity with the new lenses
Just want to add any signs of problems like with the other VR headsets launched this year and I won't be looking to buy it. I want this to work right out of the box.