Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HOLY S*** No Mans Sky Coming August 14th Prepare your Engines

Shadowmask72
Honored Visionary
Can't wait.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLUDNnIXZmM

System Specs: MSI NVIDIA RTX 4090 , i5 13700K CPU, 32GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 11 64 Bit OS.
659 REPLIES 659

Anonymous
Not applicable

RuneSR2 said:

RedRizla said:

OmegaM4N said:

I will wait and see with this, it was a massive snooze feast in normal 2d view so i will wait to see if that changes in VR, will it be up to the level of Elite or surpass, or will it be just as yawn inducing in VR........we shall know in a few weeks.

I am actually more interested to see how this looks and runs on the PS4 pro, because if it works on that system then it might lead to Elite D appearing on it to, as i like to jump between PCVR and PSVR these days, one for roomscale and one for recliner vr. lol

I actually found Elite Dangerous to be yawn inducing, so I'm hoping it's much better then that.

I've more or less given up on finding out how all the buttons work - maybe in another life, sigh - or when they add support for Touch or Knuckles. 

Zenbane said:

RuneSR2 said:

RedRizla said:

OmegaM4N said:

I will wait and see with this, it was a massive snooze feast in normal 2d view so i will wait to see if that changes in VR, will it be up to the level of Elite or surpass, or will it be just as yawn inducing in VR........we shall know in a few weeks.

I am actually more interested to see how this looks and runs on the PS4 pro, because if it works on that system then it might lead to Elite D appearing on it to, as i like to jump between PCVR and PSVR these days, one for roomscale and one for recliner vr. lol

I actually found Elite Dangerous to be yawn inducing, so I'm hoping it's much better then that.

I've more or less given up on finding out how all the buttons work - maybe in another life, sigh - or when they add support for Touch or Knuckles. 

lmao, same here. I took a week off from ED after a finally learned to travel to another star system and park my ship inside a station. But that week vacation caused me to forget the 1000 different button/control combinations. So I never went back.

This is why god invented Voice Attack B)

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

snowdog said:
This is why god invented Voice Attack

Not really suitable for my household. Adults and kids going in and out. Lots of talking all the time. Hell, trying to use Alexa for basic stuff is sometimes annoying. Voice commands for extended periods of time work best when you're more isolated. My VR room is an open space in the first floor of my home. Too much activity!

DrDan
Honored Guest

Hi all, My name is Dr. Dan Shafer. I am a scholar seeking your assistance. I am conducting a research study on how No Man’s Sky players experience the game before and after the Beyond update! Please join me in the effort by taking this survey: https://baylor.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_ba9uC33QCRNCADj The survey will take no more than 30 minutes to complete. Please do the survey right after your next No Man’s Sky play session. You will also be asked to take more surveys, some after Beyond is released. Your assistance is much appreciated! You can contact me with any questions you may have at daniel_m_shafer@baylor.edu. Thanks!

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
That's the biggest problem I have with games in this day and age. I just really can't be arsed to learn all the keys or sometimes even be bothered to learn about the game itself. I picked up Hearts of iron on Steam knowing full well it's a difficult game to learn and gave up after 30 mins. I also got Frost Punk which was a blast the first time I played it, but it became a bit silly when I realised it was better to build a factory first rather then shelter your people from the cold. To me it made no sense to leave the people outside in the cold while building a bloody factory first 😄
I've now started to play Men of War and will no doubt give up on that soon. I'm already getting annoyed at the fact my soldiers are that stupid that I have to point them in the right direct to fire on the enemy. I think Xcom2 and Onward were the only games I was playing and enjoying at one point. I liked playing Creed in VR for a while, but the devs have given up trying to fix the game by the looks of things.
I'm getting to the point both 2D games and VR games are staring to bore the arse of me. Maybe I just need a break from gaming for a while 😄
Maybe a Resident Evil VR game for Oculus might get my attention more then a No Mans Sky. I'm still waiting for a really decent VR horror that surpasses the only half done VR in Alien Isolation.

bigmike20vt
Visionary

OmegaM4N said:

I mean't from a tech point, i knew the base PS4 was holding back ED appearing but a option for Pro owners to play it in VR would have been nice, just like they offer 4k CB enhanced version on the Pro.....yes i want my cake and eat it, i have NMS on the PS4 and i hit about 10 hours before the grind for materials become a bore, so until i try it i don't really know if that aspect is going to change in vr......which of course is weird because ED is just a different type of grind yet i don't know what it was with NMS that had me becoming bored with it so quickly because i am like a moth to a flame when it comes to repedative type gaming mechanices, tell me to find and collect 1000 orbs or powerup and i will happily do so for years. lol

Sony won't allow that. Unless they have change stance any game or game feature on the pro has to work on the vanilla machine. I do believe the pro could run  a (cut down) VR elite but knowing the calculations needed to generate planet surfaces as well as the strain it puts on mid range pcs I don't see the vanilla consoles doing it. Please FD prove me wrong 😉
Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR 🙂

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

RedRizla said:

I'm getting to the point both 2D games and VR games are staring to bore the arse of me. Maybe I just need a break from gaming for a while 😄

Maybe I've got that disease too  :# I kinda like being able to finish games in not too many hours. And I'm starting to enjoy tech demos :blush:
I'm into tasting menus at restaurants too, don't need a 1 lb steak 😉

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

bigmike20vt
Visionary
Gaming lethargy happens to most of us at some point. I am on a high at moment. Mostly flat screen gaming right now as it's too hot but am really looking forward to getting back into VR once temps drop (not many of us in uk bother with Aircon for 1 month a year)
Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

Zenbane said:

snowdog said:
This is why god invented Voice Attack

Not really suitable for my household. Adults and kids going in and out. Lots of talking all the time. Hell, trying to use Alexa for basic stuff is sometimes annoying. Voice commands for extended periods of time work best when you're more isolated. My VR room is an open space in the first floor of my home. Too much activity!

And THIS is why god invented divorce and giving custody of the kids to your soon-to-be ex-wife!  B)

nalex66
MVP
MVP

RedRizla said:

...I'm getting to the point both 2D games and VR games are staring to bore the arse of me. Maybe I just need a break from gaming for a while 😄
Maybe a Resident Evil VR game for Oculus might get my attention more then a No Mans Sky. I'm still waiting for a really decent VR horror that surpasses the only half done VR in Alien Isolation.

I’m in a bit of a gaming low lately too. I do some casual VR on the Quest during my lunch hour at work, but I don’t get onto my gaming PC much. When I do, I look at my backlog of unfinished or untouched games, and I don’t feel like playing any of them (although I have been going back to XCOM2 again recently).

Hopefully something new like NMS will reinvigorate my interest, but I’m a little worried that if it’s too much grind, it’ll fizzle out for me like Fallout76 did.

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've still got my gaming mojo. Am switching between Alien Isolation VR Mod and replaying Lucky's Tale at the mo. I'm also trying to continue Herobound Spirit Champion but I'm bloomin stuck at the mo, keep on getting killed in the bloody Fire Temple. 😞