Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HOLY S*** No Mans Sky Coming August 14th Prepare your Engines

Shadowmask72
Honored Visionary
Can't wait.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLUDNnIXZmM

System Specs: MSI NVIDIA RTX 4090 , i5 13700K CPU, 32GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 11 64 Bit OS.
659 REPLIES 659

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

RedRizla said:

I just saw in the YouTube comments someone say: "There is a creative mode where you don't have to grind. You just explore, build and have fun." Not sure if this is true but if you don't like to grind it might be helpful to some of you.

Sounds more like my cup o' tea. After many years of MMO gaming, I retired from any form of grinding. Especially since grinding is rarely rewarding in games these days. Often, grinding is used as a substitute for proper content quality.

"There is no real purpose or end-game here... but hey, if you kill 10,000 Rats you get a rare stone to craft a glowy sword. Which you can use to kill 20,000 Goblins for your next reward."

nalex66
MVP
MVP
I don’t mind a bit of grind, as long as it feels reasonably balanced and rewarding. In Fallout 4, for example, you sometimes have to go scrounging for uncommon materials to repair your top-end gear, but it’s never too hard to get what you need. In Fallout 76, on the other hand, they extended the grind to the point that I just can’t play it. Enemies are bullet sponges, using up much more ammo than they drop. As a result, I was constantly looking for lead to craft more, but it costs money to fast travel to vendors or farming locations. I reached a point where I had no money, no resources, and no ammo to fight the hordes while walking around looking for money, resources, and ammo. The whole game just ground to a halt. 

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

bigmike20vt
Visionary
damn..... after buying ESO and not liking it it looks like i really should not have bought FO76..... Sadly i was reccomended that it is much less "free to play" feeling than ESO so not only I, but i persuaded a handful of mates to buy it. 😞

like @nalex66 I am fine with some grind but if getting base stuff becomes a chore that is bad imo.

That said grind for one is gameplay for another.like I have said before some say ED is full of grind but it is not like that for me.
Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable
I might be tempted to playing the Survivor mode, I think they're adding a permadeath to it too if they haven't already lol. Might be a bit TOO crazy to play though. One of the things that put me off World Of Warcraft was the fact that when you died you didn't really lose anything. I would have preferred either a permadeath or at least some MAJOR downsides to your character getting killed. People at work thought I was a bit mental wanting that lol  😄

I love a bit of grinding! I think it comes down to a person's age. Old gits like me (47 years old) used to grind like crazy when these games first started out. The first Elite game was a REAL grindfest, getting Elite status was VERY difficult and took A LOT of time but telling your mates at school that you've managed it was awesome. B)

Evileyes
Rising Star
Oh Zen, you wont regret it, im not going to explain why or go into detail about it (don't want to spoil it)... You just have to take a leap of faith. 2D version of this game is CRAZY, VR version? If my calculations are correct, this should be in the top 5 VR games for years to come. The concept and atmosphere will be a dream come true. If you like exploration and discovery. You cannot go wrong.

This game is going to own me, I swear.. I wont play anything else, for a while.

i9 10900k @ 5200Mhz, 32GB ram, EVGA 3090 FTW3 Ultra
Need a Tesla? Here is a free 1000 miles in supercharging!
https://ts.la/mark56706

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is it the 14th yet..? ???

Anonymous
Not applicable
I wish they hadn't given us so much notice, the wait is driving me CRAZY  😮

RattyUK
Trustee
I'm very interested in seeing how they 'do' VR in NMS, I did download the Vulkan experimental and it made the game much smoother - despite the 'management' side of the game, if they have implemented VR well it is going to be on another level entirely.  Even I'm looking forward to the 14th 🙂
PC info: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X - Sapphire 7900XTX - 32GB DDR4 4000 - 3 NVMe + 3SATA SSD - Quest 2 & 3

RattyUK
Trustee

snowdog said:

I wish they hadn't given us so much notice, the wait is driving me CRAZY  😮

Waddya mean, driving?
PC info: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X - Sapphire 7900XTX - 32GB DDR4 4000 - 3 NVMe + 3SATA SSD - Quest 2 & 3

Aekero
Heroic Explorer
Oh nice! Flying in elite was one of the cooler things for me, nms looks super promising. Sorry if I missed it but is it coming to Oculus store or will we have to use steam?

P.s.- elite is working on more robust tutorials, not sure how helpful they will/won't be but may be worth trying again down the line.