Rift 1.39 Release Rolling Out Now - Page 4 — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Rift 1.39 Release Rolling Out Now

Comments

• ShocksVRShocksVR Posts: 428
    Trinity
    Spi3lot said:
    Please fix the tracking, I've lost so many scores in Beat Saber that I can't even count them. The tracking since 1.39 is very shit.
    Specify which headset you have.
    Also:
    • Fillout a feedback form (so you can upload your logs and give actionable feedback, rather than "fix it").
    • Or contact Oculus Support and upload logs that way.

i7-7700k, GTX 1080Ti (11G) || MSI B150m (1 USB controller) + Inateck 4-port USB to PCIe (2nd USB controller)
    Oculus Rift S
    Oculus GO
    Oculus RIFT - 3 sensor Room-scale
  • TomCgcmfcTomCgcmfc Posts: 1,272
    Wintermute
    My Oculus app auto updated to 1.39.1 earlier today.  I only found this out when I started up my Oculus app later in the day.  Total cv1 headset blackscreen, lol!  I tried a reset but this did not help.  Disconnected/reconnected cv1 hdmi and usb and this did not help.

I finally fixed it by manually reinstalling the oculus drivers.  Seems to be working ok now.  I guess I gotta lay some blame to those few pesky win7 users, lol!

Custom built gaming desktop; i9 9900k (water cooled) oc to 5ghz, gtx 1080 ti (from my old AGA), 32 gb 3000hz ram, 1 tb ssd, 4 tb hdd.  Asus  ROG Maximus xi hero wifi mb, StarTech 4 port/4 controller sata powered usb3.0 pcie card, Asus VG248QE 1080p 144hz gaming monitor, Oculus Rift cv1 w/2x sensors.  Preordered Vive Cosmos.

• info-2info-2 Posts: 12
    NerveGear
    if you dont use a sensor or a monitor (i use optitrack for tracking) this update breaks everything. Floor level all wrong and selection spot in wrong place. ARRGGGH. Please let us go back to the previous software. 
  • TragicDelightTragicDelight Posts: 51
    Hiro Protagonist
    inovator said:
    I don't understand why anyone would use windows 7 with a program like oculus that is optimized for Windows 10. 
    took the words from my cerebellum.
  • VortimousVortimous Posts: 54
    Brain Burst
    Any word as to when you are going to fix the black screen issue that may be related to your username windows login?  (where special characters may be affecting the rift S from working at all).  Ever since the windows 10 update two weeks ago, my rift S wont turn on.  I sent in a ticket and after trying everything they said, they moved it up to a higher level and I have not heard anything since.  Was just wondering if they are working on this....  my is dead in the water on my main user account and its getting annoying not to be able to play.  I am waiting, but no news as to if they are even working on this.  Last time I asked, they just said it takes time...  Im okay with waiting, but would at least like to know if they have identified this as a problem that they have seen and are working on it at least.....  so far, no information at all...….
  • RichooalRichooal Posts: 1,115
    Wintermute
    Vortimous said:
    Any word as to when you are going to fix the black screen issue that may be related to your username windows login?  (where special characters may be affecting the rift S from working at all).

This was in the original post ................

Fixes

• Fixed an issue where Dash could crash if you had non-ASCII characters in your username.
    Is that what you mean?

i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - 0 PROBLEMS
  • VortimousVortimous Posts: 54
    Brain Burst
    Richooal said:
    Vortimous said:
    Any word as to when you are going to fix the black screen issue that may be related to your username windows login?  (where special characters may be affecting the rift S from working at all).

This was in the original post ................

Fixes

• Fixed an issue where Dash could crash if you had non-ASCII characters in your username.
    Is that what you mean?

It sounds like it, but it didn't fix the problem.  Mine doesn't crash in the Dash, it wont even come on anymore when you place the headset on.  I know it works and it has been working since Day 1.  But once that windows update happened, I get the usb needs updateing false error AND it wont turn on.  I get two notifications.  One says Oculus isn't working correctly, please click here for support articles (which do nothing) and the other notification says Some features of the Oculus platform may be temporarily unavailable, if the issue persists, contact support.  Both these errors (along with the USB) happened the minute I did the latest windows 10 update.  It has not worked on my main windows user account since.  I just want to know if support is even working or has heard of this issue... 
  • markhollismarkhollis Posts: 19
    NerveGear
    1.39.0 here, won't arrive the 1.39.1, is normal?
  • FingGameFingGame Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    edited August 2
    8/2/2019
    Still no fix? Whatever that last update was completely screwed up my Oculus Rift CV1. Tracking is now the worst its been. To top it off, games are failing to install from the Oculus application...each...and...every...time. Now I've got slow internet so my frustration comes from that firstly, but I can manage. Its the fact that I made purchases and those will not install. I've got a lot of VR titles, which cannot be played since this update. I hate to make this speculation, but don't be throwing in the towel on the CV1 for the new Quest and Rift S. Ill gladly make the switch to another VR device(not from Oculus) if this doesn't get fixed. Its a shame, but some light on any new info that this is getting handled?
  • JayDeeVAJayDeeVA Posts: 5
    NerveGear
    Also experiencing tracking issues with CV1 Touch Controllers, any hard swings result in the controller just completely freaking out, this was also an issue exclusively with Beat Saber at one point, but the devs fixed it, how Oculus managed to add such a glaring issue this into the actual driver, I have no idea.
  • Digikid1Digikid1 Posts: 2,028 Valuable Player
    Confirmed that tracking is now worse for the CV1. 

However that is the ONLY ISSUE that has happened. Games are installing without any issues and everything else works fine. 
  • RuneSR2RuneSR2 Posts: 3,113 Valuable Player
    Didn't experience any problems with my CV1 tracking, tested a few games, all seemed normal. Did like the new guardian grid. Did feel like performance had improved slightly, but didn't measure it, could just be in my mind  B)
    Intel i7 7700K (4.5 GHz); MSI GeForce GTX 1080 8GB Gaming X (oc 2100 MHz gpu boost, 11 GHz mem speed); 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz; MSI Z270I Gaming Pro Carbon AC (VR-Ready) mainboard; Samsung 960 Evo M.2 SSD + Toshiba P300 HD; Windows 10 OS; Valve Index and Oculus Rift CV1 - the latter nearly always using super sampling 2.0. 

"Ask not what VR can do for you – ask what you can do for VR"
    Wintermute
    Digikid1 said:

However that is the ONLY ISSUE that has happened. Games are installing without any issues and everything else works fine. 
    My Rift cv1 tracking with the latest 1.39.1 seems good as ever (= excellent).

Custom built gaming desktop; i9 9900k (water cooled) oc to 5ghz, gtx 1080 ti (from my old AGA), 32 gb 3000hz ram, 1 tb ssd, 4 tb hdd.  Asus  ROG Maximus xi hero wifi mb, StarTech 4 port/4 controller sata powered usb3.0 pcie card, Asus VG248QE 1080p 144hz gaming monitor, Oculus Rift cv1 w/2x sensors.  Preordered Vive Cosmos.

TomCgcmfc said:
    Digikid1 said:

My Rift cv1 tracking with the latest 1.39.1 seems good as ever (= excellent).
    Well congrats. My experience however is different. Reset sensor setup did nothing. Going to grab a sensor off my shelf at my store and test and see if the update screwed up one of the sensors. 
    Wintermute
    Maybe try manually updating your Oculus drivers.  If that does not help download and run Repair.  

Also, check that your USB’s and sensors power saving options are unchecked.  Sometimes updates turn some of these on.

Sorry, all I can think of right now.  Kinda hard to believe an update would damage one of your sensors.

Yes I find it weird as well.  Doesn't make sense.  Power settings are as they should be and I've already repaired.

At least I have access to replacements though just in case.
  • WildtWildt Posts: 1,965 Valuable Player
    RuneSR2 said:
    Didn't experience any problems with my CV1 tracking, tested a few games, all seemed normal. 
    You're just too old and slow to move the controllers fast enough to provoke the symptom. :naughty:
    PCVR: CV1 || 4 sensors || TPcast wireless adapter || MamutVR Gun stock V3
    PSVR: PS4 Pro || Move Controllers || Aim controller
    WMR: HP Reverb (arriving shortly)
  • WhiteZeroWhiteZero Posts: 12
    NerveGear
    Wildt said:
    RuneSR2 said:
    Didn't experience any problems with my CV1 tracking, tested a few games, all seemed normal. 
    You're just too old and slow to move the controllers fast enough to provoke the symptom. :naughty:
    It's also a somewhat specific movement. Moving very quickly from side to side for me won't always cause the controller freeze. But adding a little bit of twist to the quick back and forth will always cause it. This kind of movement is common in Beat Saber or if you're trying to quickly throwing something overhand, for example.

But yeah, I went through reinstalling my Sensor drivers and re-running Rift setup and still have the problem. C'mon Oculus!
  • WildtWildt Posts: 1,965 Valuable Player
    I get it in Audica as well, hitting the disco balls. On some maps you have to be pretty quick, and I tend to do a snappy little wrist flick. 
    PCVR: CV1 || 4 sensors || TPcast wireless adapter || MamutVR Gun stock V3
    PSVR: PS4 Pro || Move Controllers || Aim controller
    WMR: HP Reverb (arriving shortly)
  • JayDeeVAJayDeeVA Posts: 5
    NerveGear
    edited August 5
    Wildt said:
    I get it in Audica as well, hitting the disco balls. On some maps you have to be pretty quick, and I tend to do a snappy little wrist flick. 

Exactly, flicking your wrist very quickly is easily the best way to replicate it for anyone who says they don't see an issue.
    Wintermute
    As fast as I can move both touch controllers diagonally while rotating and flicking my wrists I cannot see this issue with 1.39.1. with  my Rift cv1.

Maybe because I am only using 2x sensors without extensions and use a star tech 4 port 4 controller usb3 sata powered pcie card for sensors and cv1 headset?

Also, maybe because I'm an old fart I cannot move fast enough, lol!

edited August 5
    TomCgcmfc said:
    As fast as I can move both touch controllers diagonally while rotating and flicking my wrists I cannot see this issue with 1.39.1. with  my Rift cv1.

Maybe because I am only using 2x sensors without extensions and use a star tech 4 port 4 controller usb3 sata powered pcie card for sensors and cv1 headset?

I have the exact same setup. Still happens. 

I do have one usb active extension 
    Wintermute
    edited August 5
    Digikid1 said:
    TomCgcmfc said:

I have the exact same setup. Still happens. 

I do have one usb active extension 
    Can you get this to happen within your Oculus Home?  If you can there probably is an Oculus issue.  Otherwise, it could be a game-related issue, esp. if you have any unofficial game mods installed.  Just a thought.

If you think cv1 tracking is worse with 1.39.1 then you should def contact oculus support and start a ticket.  That's about the only way they will know that many guys are seeing this tracking issue imho.  Good luck and cheers.

Edit; ok you added the note about having one usb active extension before I finished my note.  Does this still happen if you remove the extension?

Wintermute
    I thought I should add my CV1 experience too. So far, no change to my tracking.
    However, my setup is minimally different to @TomCgcmfc and @Digikid1

I use completely standard USB ports on my Motherboard for my 3 sensor and HMD setup.  I have one 2 meter extension on my front left sensor, and an active 5 meter extension on my rear sensor. The front sensors are at 2.3 meters above ground and rear at 1.7 meters.
    I don't run anything other than standard Oculus Software. (no steam vr, no tray tools, etc)

• john.skeochjohn.skeoch Posts: 7
    NerveGear
    edited August 5
    Hi all, 

(RIFT S) Since updating to 1.39 the tracking is generally better, but I find when I bring two controllers up to arm's length in front of me, the two controllers appear to interfere with each other. For example, if I move the left slowly up and down the right will track that movement and match it, if I then move the right again after a second it snaps back to place. Similarly, if I move the right controller while keeping the left stationery the movement will lag and take a second to snap into place like the controller is going into a low power state.

this only appears to happen with slow movement (bow, iron sights rifles) and when the two controllers are within 5 inches of each other, NOTE not occluding each other.  

I would also suggest this seems to happen when the controllers are tilted forward, so the ring is in full view. I tested it with the grip down and the problem seemed mostly absent.

UPDATE: 
    Ok, I did some more testing, it seems to center around the way I hold the touch controllers. 
    If you hold the controllers so your hands appear upright in Oculus Home you don't experience any tracking issues, however if you tilt the touch controllers forward, and in Oculus Home your hands are effectively pointing away from you. You will know if you are emulating this as you will see into our VR wrists. That's when the tracking goes wild, which seems strange as more of the ring is visible. Anyway seems like "I'm holding it wrong" but if Oculus can make magic like 1.39 close tracking, maybe they can address this? 
  • cmundy79cmundy79 Posts: 9
    NerveGear
    I also get loss of tracking on fast movements with the CV1. Opened a support ticket and Oculus confirmed it's broken with the update. No ETA , was just told their working on it and it join the public test channel and await an update when available.
    Wintermute
    @ Oculus forum bosses.

Please reinstate the "sticky" feature on this thread. Lots of your valued users find the public release note thread to be important. We are not all in the PTC.
    This thread should remain as a "sticky" until the next public release of 1.40
    Thank you.
  • nalex66nalex66 Posts: 4,727 Volunteer Moderator
    Richooal said:
    @ Oculus forum bosses.

Please reinstate the "sticky" feature on this thread. Lots of your valued users find the public release note thread to be important. We are not all in the PTC.
    This thread should remain as a "sticky" until the next public release of 1.40
    Thank you.
    Fair enough, I agree that the current mainstream release thread should remain pinned until the next release. Done. 
    i7 5820K @ 4.25 GHz | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4 | Corsair DDR4 3000 32 GB | Corsair HX 750W
    Corsair Hydro H100i | Samsung SSDs: 860 Evo 1 TB, 850 Evo 1 TB, 840 Evo 1 TB | Seagate BarraCuda HDD 3 TB