Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rift S and Rift 1.40 PTC Release Notes

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager
Guardian

We’ve made performance improvements and feature updates to improve your experience while interacting with Guardian. These updates include:

• Ability to clear your Guardian boundary history from your Guardian settings menu.
  • Opportunity to confirm your Guardian boundaries are accurate when you first put on your headset.
  • Removed the need to indicate what direction is forward when setting up Guardian.

Store
  • Updated the design, and improved performance and load times for the Oculus Store.

Home
  • You can now collect all of your Oculus Home rewards at once with the new Collect All button.

Fixes
  • Fixed an issue where touch controllers could lose tracking during fast movements with Rift.
  • Removed warning that USB drivers needed to be updated when drivers were already up to date.

As always, if you encounter any issues with this software release, please be sure to report them using the Help Center > Provide Feedback option within the Oculus desktop software. If you have any feature requests or suggestions to make the Oculus software even better, please head over to our UserVoice page to share your feedback. Thanks for your continued help!
If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!
143 REPLIES 143

sford52
Heroic Explorer
I haven't used my CV1 in quite a while (30+ days). I noticed I have been updated to 1.40.  Both the home and store seem to load quite a bit faster now. Perhaps just perception, but I don't think so.  Nice job dev folks.
ASUS ROG Strix GL702VS-AH73 17.3" Laptop.  I7-7700HQ, GTX1070, 12 GB DDR4 RAM, 500 EVO 970 GB SSD, VS 2017, Oculus rift, Windows 10 home

Richooal
Consultant

Home
  • You can now collect all of your Oculus Home rewards at once with the new Collect All button.

This is the stuff we want.
When can we expect the Oculus Setup to allow us to choose the install drive?
i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - Rift CV1 + 3 Sensors - 1 minor problem
Dear Oculus, If it ain't broke, don't fix it, please.

OneScoop
Explorer
I can't find the collect all button. my oculus is updated but there's no button.

msm903
Protege

Scoop_ said:

I can't find the collect all button. my oculus is updated but there's no button.

same for me.

Richooal
Consultant

Scoop_ said:

This same thing happened with the screen shot button.
Some people say that a simple PC restart is needed to complete an update. Worth a try.

xeno3d
Adventurer
Can we please have the forward facing center marker for guardian back please?

liquidhot
Honored Guest

msm903 said:

Scoop_ said:

same for me.

I cannot find it either. I've checked in the notifications window, the inventory window, I've collected a few to see if it would pop up along the way anywhere. Can't see a button anywhere to collect all of the items.

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

Richooal said:

Scoop_ said:

Some people say that a simple PC restart is needed to complete an update. Worth a try.

Some updates in the past have required you to sign out, then sign in again in order to complete the update (via Oculus desktop app /Friends/top right 3 buttons/sign out).  Easier and faster to try than a restart (or repair, lol!).
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

Richooal
Consultant

TomCgcmfc said:

Richooal said:

Scoop_ said:

Some updates in the past have required you to sign out, then sign in again in order to complete the update (via Oculus desktop app /Friends/top right 3 buttons/sign out).  Easier and faster to try than a restart (or repair, lol!).

You may be right. I've never had to sign out, or in, to the Rift software in 3 years. The only thing I've been forced to sign into is this weird forum.

OneScoop
Explorer

TomCgcmfc said:

Richooal said:

Scoop_ said:

Tried restarting my PC, restarting oculus, signing out of oculus and reinstalling the update by opting out of then back in to the PTC, but still no button.