Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rift S and Rift 1.40 PTC Release Notes

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager
Guardian

We’ve made performance improvements and feature updates to improve your experience while interacting with Guardian. These updates include:

• Ability to clear your Guardian boundary history from your Guardian settings menu.
  • Opportunity to confirm your Guardian boundaries are accurate when you first put on your headset.
  • Removed the need to indicate what direction is forward when setting up Guardian.

Store
  • Updated the design, and improved performance and load times for the Oculus Store.

Home
  • You can now collect all of your Oculus Home rewards at once with the new Collect All button.

Fixes
  • Fixed an issue where touch controllers could lose tracking during fast movements with Rift.
  • Removed warning that USB drivers needed to be updated when drivers were already up to date.

As always, if you encounter any issues with this software release, please be sure to report them using the Help Center > Provide Feedback option within the Oculus desktop software. If you have any feature requests or suggestions to make the Oculus software even better, please head over to our UserVoice page to share your feedback. Thanks for your continued help!
If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!
143 REPLIES 143

bigmike20vt
Visionary
excellent...... sounds like a good one this!.....
i know it is the little thing but collect all feature has been a much needed thing for ages.
Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR 🙂

Wildt
Consultant
I must have hundreds of unopened boxes. I haven't tried the new button yet, and I'm sure the result has no visual presentation of the loot...  but my inner child wants a giant loot box to appear, which then opens up and begins to spray all the content up into the air like a fireworks fountain. :love:
PCVR: CV1 || 4 sensors || TPcast wireless adapter || MamutVR Gun stock V3
PSVR: PS4 Pro || Move Controllers || Aim controller
WMR: HP Reverb

Rosgillies
Adventurer
Thankyou. All is working fine, no error notices AFTER a reboot.

ElusiveMarlin
Rising Star
Excellent news. looking forward to getting home from work tonight and getting this baby installed.

I'll have a ton of boxes to open, so it will be nice to clear that lot up. 
Would be ace if it was like @Wildt suggests and they shoot out all over hy home, and I have to go around "popping" them all 🙂

Thank you Oculus Devs.
RIFT CV1
RIFT S
Leeds, UK.

Intel Core i7 7700K 3.7GHz | RAM 32GB DDR4 2666MHz | GeForce GTX 1080 8GB |

"Behind every mask there is a face, and behind that a story...."

Rosgillies
Adventurer

10 mins of joy. Now repeatedly wants me to reset Guardian settings. I DO NOT play games with my RiftS just Sims. I do not need Guardian. Cant turn it off. Repeatedly getting cant track your headset warning. What the hell Guys, whats wrong with testing your bug fixes BEFORE posting them. If you had you would have seen that the fix for the USB warning broke something else. The headset tracking warning is even coming up in game , Asseto corsa ETS2 ATS etc. At least the usb warning stayed in the menu. You want to come down to a corner at 180mph and get that come up in your windscreen view?
So where are we now, constantly getting guardian warnings and tracking warnings now in game. Fanboys will probably say I`m the only one this is happening to, if it is I apologise for my rant now, but I suspect I`m not alone in getting fed up with this constant stream of problems. I know it`s new tech and I`ve had Oculus since DK1 but it now is beyond a joke.
Rant over.

Anonymous
Not applicable

10 mins of joy. Now repeatedly wants me to reset Guardian settings. I DO NOT play games with my RiftS just Sims. I do not need Guardian. Cant turn it off. Repeatedly getting cant track your headset warning. What the hell Guys, whats wrong with testing your bug fixes BEFORE posting them. If you had you would have seen that the fix for the USB warning broke something else. The headset tracking warning is even coming up in game , Asseto corsa ETS2 ATS etc. At least the usb warning stayed in the menu. You want to come down to a corner at 180mph and get that come up in your windscreen view?
So where are we now, constantly getting guardian warnings and tracking warnings now in game. Fanboys will probably say I`m the only one this is happening to, if it is I apologise for my rant now, but I suspect I`m not alone in getting fed up with this constant stream of problems. I know it`s new tech and I`ve had Oculus since DK1 but it now is beyond a joke.
Rant over.

Well this is the PTC ( Public Testing Channel) which apparently you selected to participate in.
Oculus has already acknowledged the tracking warning issue and is working on a fix ASAP ( posted earlier in the thread).
In the PTC chances are certainly higher one will run across bugs, which is kind of the purpose of the PTC.
You can roll back to the 1.39 Release version by deselecting PTC.

OversizeWizard
Protege
How do I get the update. I'm have terrible tracking issues.
Downloaded oculus setup and it installed the 1.39 again! Lol
When I remove head unit for a break, go back to use it and the controllers are either stuck in place or the head unit don't come on.
Have to unplug USB and replug

Is there a link or way to force uodate

Rosgillies
Adventurer

dburne said:

Rant over.

Well this is the PTC ( Public Testing Channel) which apparently you selected to participate in.
Oculus has already acknowledged the tracking warning issue and is working on a fix ASAP ( posted earlier in the thread).
In the PTC chances are certainly higher one will run across bugs, which is kind of the purpose of the PTC.
You can roll back to the 1.39 Release version by deselecting PTC.

Agree with your points vis a vis Beta channel. Think I`ve fixed it. Took two tramadol, now all I see are pink elephants.

RattyUK
Trustee

When I remove head unit for a break, go back to use it and the controllers are either stuck in place or the head unit don't come on.

Go to Settings - Beta and then select Public Test Channel
That will then start the download and ask you to update when finished.
Do remember that it is a Beta channel and the rough edges heven't been knocked off in every case 🙂  If you do have issues use the feedback option and tell about it, it helps all of us in the end 🙂
PC info: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X - Sapphire 7900XTX - 32GB DDR4 4000 - 3 NVMe + 3SATA SSD - Quest 2 & 3

Rosgillies
Adventurer

In settings/ Beta, click the Public test channel to on (blue). An update should then start to 1.40