Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rift S and Rift 1.40 PTC Release Notes

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager
Guardian

We’ve made performance improvements and feature updates to improve your experience while interacting with Guardian. These updates include:

• Ability to clear your Guardian boundary history from your Guardian settings menu.
  • Opportunity to confirm your Guardian boundaries are accurate when you first put on your headset.
  • Removed the need to indicate what direction is forward when setting up Guardian.

Store
  • Updated the design, and improved performance and load times for the Oculus Store.

Home
  • You can now collect all of your Oculus Home rewards at once with the new Collect All button.

Fixes
  • Fixed an issue where touch controllers could lose tracking during fast movements with Rift.
  • Removed warning that USB drivers needed to be updated when drivers were already up to date.

As always, if you encounter any issues with this software release, please be sure to report them using the Help Center > Provide Feedback option within the Oculus desktop software. If you have any feature requests or suggestions to make the Oculus software even better, please head over to our UserVoice page to share your feedback. Thanks for your continued help!
If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!
143 REPLIES 143

VCRRepairman
Protege
I am going to roll back to 1.39 and see if it's really a problem but on the Rift S the triggers don't appear to work properly. Throwing in Sairento is very difficult and sometimes they appear to stick in my hands. It's the same story with serving a tennis ball.

VCRRepairman
Protege
I forgot to mention the multiple right touch bug appears to be back too.

VCRRepairman
Protege

I am going to roll back to 1.39 and see if it's really a problem but on the Rift S the triggers don't appear to work properly. Throwing in Sairento is very difficult and sometimes they appear to stick in my hands. It's the same story with serving a tennis ball.

So it's definitely 1.40 causing the throwing issues. Rolling back to 1.39 fixed my problems. 

Anonymous
Not applicable
Also getting "Headset cannot be tracked" notification, multiple right touch bug, and Rift S the triggers don't appear to work properly Throwing  is very difficult and sometimes things appear to stick briefly  in my hands when trigger is released.

Kanon_di_Gemini
Explorer

dburne said:

I am getting a message " Something went wrong and your  device can not track the movement of the headset".
However tracking seems fine, so not sure why I am getting that message.
It pops up in the headset when I put it on, and remains in the Notification area.

Same message to me

VCRRepairman
Protege

JohnGB said:

Also getting "Headset cannot be tracked" notification, multiple right touch bug, and Rift S the triggers don't appear to work properly Throwing  is very difficult and sometimes things appear to stick briefly  in my hands when trigger is released.

Make sure you please report this through help -> provide feedback. Otherwise it will be a huge problem as it's hard to rollback on the main production branch release. 

anivaido
Explorer

Same message to me

RattyUK
Trustee

dburne said:

I am getting a message " Something went wrong and your  device can not track the movement of the headset".
However tracking seems fine, so not sure why I am getting that message.
It pops up in the headset when I put it on, and remains in the Notification area.

Thanks for reporting. This is a known issue that we're working on resolving asap. It should not affect functionality. I'll see if we can get the release notes updated to call this out.

Just dragging this here for those who 'drop in' without going through every post 🙂

Ref: Headset cannot be tracked

PC info: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X - Sapphire 7900XTX - 32GB DDR4 4000 - 3 NVMe + 3SATA SSD - Quest 2 & 3

Chips4hoy
Protege
xgbv5dzzarxk.jpegDear Oculus Devs, 
URGENT:  I'm not sure about others, but my headset is always "losing" my guardian space and that I have to re-make my guardian / walls almost every other time that I put on my headset!  

- Please bring back the "center arrow"!! In the mean time i had to resort to my own measure to remind me which way is forward within my boundaries.  lol

- Even after 1.40 I am still encountering instances where my game loses tracking of my controllers and results in my games or experiences unplayable, at least until i restart my oculus (or in worse cases restart my PC because the oculus software won't restart).

I gotta go back to 1.39 and opt out of beta because these issues constantly occuring have become a nuisance. 

DanTheManVR
Explorer
Rift S here, I believe this has been reported by others but wanted to chime in and say my grip is incredibly delayed, to the point where throwing anything in the Oculus Home environment is futile. I've reported via the usual Feedback mechanism.

One day....one day I'd like to put on my Rift S....and actually play a game without fundamental problems with the headset.