cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dirt rally 2.0 vr

f1iceman07
Explorer
Any ideas what is actually happening with the vr update, its gotta be close now.
I can not fi d one thing about apart from months ago just realised in the summer.
Someone must no something.

52 REPLIES 52

ElusiveMarlin
Rising Star
Looks like This has been release to the Oculus store today!

Almost 77GB, so its a hefty download for those on a metered connection!
Be interesting to hear what players think, as no reviews yet.
RIFT CV1
RIFT S
Leeds, UK.

Intel Core i7 7700K 3.7GHz | RAM 32GB DDR4 2666MHz | GeForce GTX 1080 8GB |

"Behind every mask there is a face, and behind that a story...."

philrlee
Explorer
I bought the Steam version when it was released. That version only appears to support OpenVR. Performance on my system is terrible. I have a 9700K @ 5.2GHz and a 1080Ti. With all graphics options on low, I am not getting anywhere near 80fps on my Rift S. By comparison, iRacing and AC are both locked to 80fps with almost all graphics options on max.

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

philrlee said:

I bought the Steam version when it was released. That version only appears to support OpenVR. Performance on my system is terrible. I have a 9700K @ 5.2GHz and a 1080Ti. With all graphics options on low, I am not getting anywhere near 80fps on my Rift S. By comparison, iRacing and AC are both locked to 80fps with almost all graphics options on max.

Thanks - don't think I'll bother with that game, although I like to support the devs. 

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

Tummie555
Expert Protege

philrlee said:

Anyone able to compare performance with Oculus store version?

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
Performance using the Oculus version seems pretty good - this was just published - GTX 1080Ti:

https://youtu.be/C5gRPAhcsHs

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD

john.zigmont
Heroic Explorer
So now I have to purchase the same game twice.

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

Supporting VR is such a nice thing  o:)

saami81
Rising Star
Downloading atm. I was just going to buy this from steam, but luckily i checked these forums and bought from oculus store instead. 

Stevie777
Explorer

Have they lost their minds! 
Every other hmd gets VR as an update for free with the steam version and we Oculus users have to buy the game again just to get native Oculus support. Well that's a nice way to say FUCK OFF to your loyal customers...

I don't like the sound of only having OpenVR support on Steam if the performance isn't great. Maybe I'll hold off on buying until we know whether the DLC will be available from Oculus.