cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change the battery of oculus go remote

Iamnils
Honored Guest
I feel like an idiot but I can't figure out how to change the batteries of my oculus go remote. I managed to slide down the part to expose the battery but I can't get it out. Anyone with similar issues?

Thanks
16 REPLIES 16

maestrot
Honored Guest

Can you please contact us for assistance? Thanks. https://support.oculus.com

I contacted the support. 

wegaro
Honored Guest
I had the same problem, it was hard to remove but I could, had to push strongly as it the battery didn't move at all.

eovento
Protege
I had the same issue with included battery. It took me like half an hour (and a few cuts on my hand) to take it out with a nail-scissors. If it "expanded" I don't know. What I know is that it wouldn't ever come off. And it didn't happen afterwards with decent batteries - only with the included ones.

cybereality
Grand Champion
Yes, batteries can be slightly different sizes and unfortunately the included batteries are on the larger size. I still have some trouble replacing the batteries by hand, usually I will use a key or screwdriver and that works.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

jedimasterkylek
Honored Guest
I had same issue....managed to get battery out with Flathead screwdriver, but battery damaged a bit, controller seems fine though after cleaning inside with a cloth.

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have same problem, can't get that battery out (Energizer AA) been using tools and jacking up battery for 15 minutes but won't push down or out, checked the instructions included, there was nothing on battery, so went to internet for help figuring I was doing it wrong, as can't imagine would require such force, but the easy click out video not how actually works. definitely a design flaw.  

Techy111
MVP
MVP
@aarondtsm the battery goes in and also out with ease. Can you post a picture with battery in situ and cover off ? 
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.