cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DiRT Rally 2.0: Available Now on Oculus

Shadowmask72
Honored Visionary
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QW0mGB7aDpY

System Specs: MSI NVIDIA RTX 4090 , i5 13700K CPU, 32GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 11 64 Bit OS.
76 REPLIES 76

bigmike20vt
Visionary

Anyway, you can buy the Deluxe upgrade separately for £24.99 as it's listed as one of the DLCs... that's basically the 2 seasons pass.

Hi
can you see this within the game? becaiuse i cant find any notes about it on the store.  I was posting on behalf of somene on another forum. I shall feed back the news then.

btw has anyone tried the online yet?  I am wondering if you can play with steam players online or whether it is segregated like the 1st game.

Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR 🙂

RedRizla
Honored Visionary

RuneSR2 said:

Hmmm, I vote for RedRizla trying it first!  😄 

I can tell you right off the bat, I'm totally shite at rally games. I thought I was quite good when I tried the first one until I saw YouTube videos like this. I think crashed about 20 times on that course 😄

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
BTW, according to Steam gamepads are supported - I'd be surprised if the Oculus version doesn't support gamepads too:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/690790/DiRT_Rally_20/

Steam version supports Index and Vive, but not Rift. Seems to only require 50GB space for the Steam version. 

Steam version can be bought here for like $20:

https://www.allkeyshop.com/blog/buy-dirt-rally-2-0-cd-key-compare-prices/

I still don't think I'm buying, I always end up never playing games that require gamepad (=no support for Touch or Knuckles). 

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

bigmike20vt
Visionary
it is the size difference of the install which made me think the oculus one may be comming with all DLC. @DaftnDirect  seems to have ruled that one out however unless I mussunderstood him and he was talking about the steam version 😞
Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR 🙂

it is the size difference of the install which made me think the oculus one may be comming with all DLC. @DaftnDirect  seems to have ruled that one out however unless I mussunderstood him and he was talking about the steam version 😞

Sorry bigmoke I should have said, yes was talking about the Steam version. I'm not sure the DLC is available on the Oculus version... if it isn't available in-game to download I can't see it being available at all. I was really only considering this via Steam because of the doubts over on-line cross-platform multiplayer.

The odds are it's the same as the first Dirt Rally and utilises the same servers but of anyone knows differently shout out as I'm about to grab my wallet.

Edit: I should add I chose Steam for the original Dirt Rally for the same reason and never had any performance issues, it's very smooth. idk maybe I'm in the minority and don't seem to have a performance hit using Steam, at least not for the dozen or so VR games I run that way.

Litespeed
Heroic Explorer
Does the Steam version come with native Oculus support or only via SteamVR?

How about cross-platform multiplayer? In the original version the Oculus community was separated from the Steam (VR & flat) community which made the Oculus version pretty useless for mulitplayer (lack of players, events, leagues).

saami81
Rising Star

Litespeed said:

Does the Steam version come with native Oculus support or only via SteamVR?

How about cross-platform multiplayer? In the original version the Oculus community was separated from the Steam (VR & flat) community which made the Oculus version pretty useless for mulitplayer (lack of players, events, leagues).

Only Oculus store version have native Oculus support. Atleast for atm.

I havent tried multiplayer against other players yet, but leaderboards and daily, weekly events are shared with Steam version. I own Oculus store version.

Litespeed
Heroic Explorer

saami81 said:
I havent tried multiplayer against other players yet, but leaderboards and daily, weekly events are shared with Steam version. I own Oculus store version.

Sounds good. That's different from the original version.

saami81
Rising Star

Litespeed said:

saami81 said:

Im not sure about daily events anymore. I just tried them and couldnt get any leaderboards. However time-trial leaderboards are shared. I guess that Oculus and Steam shows names, but Playstation and XBox only shows default name "Dirt player"

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

saami81 said:

Litespeed said:

saami81 said:

Im not sure about daily events anymore. I just tried them and couldnt get any leaderboards. However time-trial leaderboards are shared. I guess that Oculus and Steam shows names, but Playstation and XBox only shows default name "Dirt player"

Do you know if the Oculus version supports XBox controller? - It still says that only "racing wheel" is supported in the Oculus Store. 

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"