cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Oculus Quest have Bluetooth? What do I need Bluetooth for? Can I disable it?

kostasdimakis
Explorer
Hi everyone. As you can tell by the title, I'm just a bit paranoid with radiation. I know I can close the wifi and be offline but I'm wondering if I can do the same with the Bluetooth.
6 REPLIES 6

enigma01
Trustee
Yes it does, it’s used to pair with the touch controllers your phone etc. It can also be used to pair with a wireless gamepad such an Xbox one controller and also with Bluetooth headphones. I don’t believe it can be turned off, as doing so would mean the controllers won’t work. 

kostasdimakis
Explorer
I see. And do you know if that's the case with all rest Oculus rifts (plural) as well? Does the headset itself have Bluetooth?

nalex66
MVP
MVP
All Oculus headsets communicate with their controllers by Bluetooth, I believe. (Except DK1 and DK2, because they had no controllers.)

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

kostasdimakis
Explorer
I see. I thought they might use your computers Bluetooth directly or something instead, since that's where the processing happens.

kostasdimakis
Explorer
Do all headsets in general communicate with their controllers via Bluetooth?

nalex66
MVP
MVP
As far as I know, all the major headsets communicate directly with their controllers, rather than expecting the PC to support a compatible wireless protocol, since not all desktop PCs necessarily have wireless communication built-in. Whether they all use Bluetooth as opposed to some other form of wireless connection, I'm not sure.

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo