cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Quest - Recorded Videos will not play on PC

iN5OMANiAC
Protege
As above, I record gameplay footage using the inbuilt record feature, it plays back on my Quest just fine (apart from the audio lag), but when I plug into my PC and drag them off they arent playable, they are the right file size and they're MP4 format but they dont have a thumbnail picture or a length.

I had this before with two other recordings, I went back and watched on Quest then plugged it back in again and they suddenly worked as a normal video, but the latest two just wont. It's like theyr enot finalised or something. Anyone have any advice?

Thanks
21 REPLIES 21

willyci
Honored Guest

Don't copy your file from the file system, but install android ADB and then use the following code in the commandline:
adb pull /sdcard/oculus/VideoShots/file-you-want.mp4 C:/location-you-want
You might need to enable developer mode, not sure if it works without.

Source: https://forums.oculusvr.com/community/discussion/73315/video-codec-change

adb pull /sdcard/oculus/VideoShots/file-you-want.mp4 C:\location-you-want

just change c:/ to c:\, works great, thanks.

Anonymous
Not applicable
This works great if you want to download the entire folder dont add the video name
adb pull /sdcard/oculus/VideoShots/ C:\videos

Anonymous
Not applicable
SideQuest also solves this problem. They have a "Folders" option on the left side control panel. 

Makes sense, as basically its a GUI for ADB. (plus, lots of other stuff. <<flame proof pants: ON>>

JeffreyJacobson
Honored Guest

This works great if you want to download the entire folder dont add the video name
adb pull /sdcard/oculus/VideoShots/ C:\videos

That works great!  Thank you Ben!

Mr.PeeNutt
Honored Guest

SideQuest also solves this problem. They have a "Folders" option on the left side control panel. 

Makes sense, as basically its a GUI for ADB. (plus, lots of other stuff. <<flame proof pants: ON>>

thank you so much.. this is the easiest method!!

Viewnaija
Explorer
To solve this problem. Record another quick one second video. Then drag and drop the new video and the video you want to your new location at the same time. This some how addresses the issue. You can also watch video here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jM-Ek4y6BDE

Enjoy!!

Anonymous
Not applicable
When will this be fixed?

substatica
Explorer
You can get around this issue on Windows at least by using the "Import Camera Wizard" rather than the File Explorer interface.

1. Ensure Developer Mode is off on your Quest (this has other issues) 
  2. Connect your Quest to your PC via USB
  3. Allow Data Access through the Quest headset
  4. Right-Click on the Quest device in File Explorer and Select "Import pictures and video"
  5. Let it scan for available videos and photos
  6. Use the (clunky) interface to import photos and videos

The work-around using ADB didn't work for me because when I turn on Developer Mode the Quest stops showing up on my PC. Various suggested driver workarounds don't help, the INF provided isn't recognized. Facebook/Oculus please sort out Developer Mode driver support across platforms.

Anonymous
Not applicable
uff - still not resolved?

LilAsian0
Explorer
I don’t know how Oculus hasn’t fixed this yet. It’s ridiculous. They should be fixing issues like this.