cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dirt rally 2.0 vr

f1iceman07
Explorer
Any ideas what is actually happening with the vr update, its gotta be close now.
I can not fi d one thing about apart from months ago just realised in the summer.
Someone must no something.

52 REPLIES 52

Rosgillies
Adventurer

Stevie777 said:

So now I have to purchase the same game twice.

Have they lost their minds! 
Every other hmd gets VR as an update for free with the steam version and we Oculus users have to buy the game again just to get native Oculus support. Well that's a nice way to say FUCK OFF to your loyal customers...

Dead right mate, That`s why I wont buy it either. Rift S. Their loss.

john.zigmont
Heroic Explorer
I have no problem purchasing software but the lack of details is what burns me up Codemaster stated during the steam summer sale VR is coming  but didn't state the  steam version was only for index and vive. Oculus  never stated the store was going to carry the game. So screw you Oculus and Codemaster what sh**.

Also no DLC for the Oculus store version has no crossplay. 

gary_antel
Honored Guest
I bought the Oculus store version and I have no sound. Others are reporting this on reddit. All other games have sound and the steam version of DR 2 has sound--but with the really awful VR performance.

philrlee
Explorer

I bought the Oculus store version and I have no sound. Others are reporting this on reddit. All other games have sound and the steam version of DR 2 has sound--but with the really awful VR performance.

I resolved this by setting Windows to use the Rift S speakers and explicitly setting Oculus Home to use the Rift S speakers too rather than Windows default. I had to restart the game to get this to work.

Am I right in saying Steam refund applies for software if played for less than 2 hours, regardless of when it was bought?If so, does that help anyone who's not happy with the Steam version?

I'm very tempted to just try the Steam version and see for myself, refund if performance isn't good enough.

f1iceman07
Explorer
I don't know what to say, i have the steam version, expecting oculus support for it and now they release it without it, absolutely awful performance in vr, i don't mind buying it again if its a fully focused real VR version on the oculus store, as in its literally got no stuff that's not needed in it for vr but if its just a normal game as it is in steam then its just the same then i guess i will not buy it again, i am happy with dirt rally 2.0 untill steam gets the oculus support. kinda misleading if you ask me in sales as they stated oculus vr was coming but never stated on just oculus home.
well don't think it did.
i feel it will come to steam but as oculus prob supported the vr to come they will get a priority time scale to help coup some money back. 
has anyone got any good steam setting.
gtx1080ti,32gb ram, i7700k 5ghz and tspc racer setting ! lol

superdave132
Explorer
Graphics are PlayStation quality at best, even on the rift, refunded after 5 min. The steam version is HTC only from what I understand  :'(

Duanedibly
Honored Guest

philrlee said:

I resolved this by setting Windows to use the Rift S speakers and explicitly setting Oculus Home to use the Rift S speakers too rather than Windows default. I had to restart the game to get this to work.

tried this, didnt work. A lot of people have the no sound bug, maybe half of the people purchasing it.

john.zigmont
Heroic Explorer

Graphics are PlayStation quality at best, even on the rift, refunded after 5 min. The steam version is HTC only from what I understand  :'(

Wrong the graphics are excellent  much better than Dirt Rally the problem is need a lot of computer power to make it playable.

francesco_2013
Protege
 I can confirm the Oculus version works great and much better than Dirt Rally 1 imho. I have one question I see on Steam there are some DLCs for Dirt Rally 2. This is including Sweden and Monaco and some extra cars. Did anybody see a way to have these to the Oculus Home version ?