cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aircar Update version 01_RC_2 - Fixed

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP
I just updated my original Aircar app (from the Oculus Store of course).  It seems to start up ok but when I hit the A button to actually start the app I get a clicking sound then the music/sounds stop.  As soon as I take off the program crashes.  I'm using a Rift CV-1 and do not have any problems with any other apps (Oculus store, Steam, or independant sources).  Seems to be a glitch in this update.  I tried uninstalling/reinstalling and also tried it with my x-box controller but this did not make any difference.

I hope this gets sorted out soon since it is still one of my favorite apps that I like to use for quick breaks.
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers
10 REPLIES 10

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP
UPDATE:
This problem was apparently caused by a too early release on the Oculus Store.  This has been fixed so it will now roll back to its original stable version 1.1.  The final release of rc2 should be available ~9 Aug.  See the following rededit note for more details;

https://www.reddit.com/r/Aircar/comments/ciyhgb/aircar_update_thread/

i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

The_Noob_Traine
Honored Guest
Mine just updated as well. I wish I would've seen this blog before it downloaded, I would've paused the update indefinitely. My fav breaktime goofoff as well. 

MowTin
Expert Trustee
Is there anything to do other than fly around?
i7 9700k 3090 rtx   CV1, Rift-S, Index, G2

jef32
Explorer
Same for me: Crashes after update !

Shadowmask72
Honored Visionary
Yes land on pads to get turbo upgrade.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Qy16l5trek

System Specs: MSI NVIDIA RTX 4090 , i5 13700K CPU, 32GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 11 64 Bit OS.

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP
There apparently are still a few bugs in the Oculus Store version.  These should be patched soon.  In the meantime, the Steam version seems to work great for me.

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP
Update, and I have passed this onto the developer;

The current Oculus store version (01.2) is still not working for me. It crashes (fatal error) as soon as I hit the A button on the start screen. The error seems related to the file windows/system32/Xaudio2_7.dll. The fact that you have now included c++ 2015 does not do anything to help since I already have the latest versions of C++ 2017. As you know, you cannot install 2015 if 2017 is already installed.
I did try uninstalling c++ 2017 and then ran your update (with c++ 2015) but I still got the same crashes. I also had lots of fun trying to reinstall 2017 x86 and x64. I finally needed to do a system restore prior to the latest win10 cum Aug updates, re-ran the updates and now all is well again.
If I temporarily move this file to my desktop the app runs fine except I do not get any sound. I have run dxdiag an all looks fine. Also have ran win10 system checkers and all reports back fine. Mine is a fairly new PC with fairly decent specs (i9 9900k, gtx1080ti, 32Gb 3000 ram, 1Tb SSD, Star Tech 4 port sata powered usb 3.0 pcie, Win10 Pro, Rift cv1 w/2x sensors). I'm also currently using Stable Oculus software 1.39.1. I did try the latest ptc 1.40 but this did not make any difference so I just reverted bay to 1.39 for now.
I do not have any problems running the original 1.1 version (sans landing pads) nor do I have any problems running the Steam version.

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

Yes land on pads to get turbo upgrade.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Qy16l5trek

I was getting a bit bored with Aircar on CV1, even uninstalled it a few months ago - but just got the updated version on Steam - and using the Index the fov is simply amazing, black levels are great, it really feels like being in a Blade Runner movie. So thanks for the inspiration - and granted, would be more fun with more content, but just like in Fugl I think Aircar works great for relaxation. 

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP
Update;  I initially had a lot of problems with the upgrade version from the Oculus Store (see my first post) so I just continued to use the Steam version.  Today I reinstalled the Oculus Store version and magically it works fine now.  Not sure what changed over the past ~4 months?  Maybe the new 12.0 update helped, lol!

Still one of my favorite quick-fix sims.