Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HOLY S*** No Mans Sky Coming August 14th Prepare your Engines

Shadowmask72
Honored Visionary
Can't wait.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLUDNnIXZmM

System Specs: MSI NVIDIA RTX 4090 , i5 13700K CPU, 32GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 11 64 Bit OS.
659 REPLIES 659

RattyUK
Trustee
Looks like co-op only - so no mass exodus of the griefers/gankers from Elite Dangerous then :wink:
PC info: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X - Sapphire 7900XTX - 32GB DDR4 4000 - 3 NVMe + 3SATA SSD - Quest 2 & 3

Evileyes
Rising Star

Zenbane said:

Evileyes said:

Totally, PVP is so played out in games... its all about co-op

Aww. That's cute, baby.

Hahah been there, done that.  Put it this way, I started with Doom pvp using Dwango (4-player DM) on a 14.4 modem back in the day.. And everything in between! Rise of the triad, Blood, Heretic, Duke nukem.,Quake I could go on and on! Then years of CS 1.6 and so on, in clans blah blah blah..I'm so over competitive pvp type games. Only ones I would consider now is, like a DayZ setting survival, or of course Star Citizen (or something new thats ground breaking) Other then that, pvp is a fucking snooze fest. *pew pew* "I got you bitch, back to your spawn point and made you hit space bar" YAY. ZZZZZzzzzzz

I would love to see co-op game, with a advanced AI threat, like swarms of Arachnids in the movie Starship troopers, an outpost you have to defend with your friends would be cool as hell. With a game like NMS, it would enhance the gameplay for me anyway 🙂
i9 10900k @ 5200Mhz, 32GB ram, EVGA 3090 FTW3 Ultra
Need a Tesla? Here is a free 1000 miles in supercharging!
https://ts.la/mark56706

Anonymous
Not applicable
I loved Rise Of The Triad back in the day. I think it still holds the record for the most secrets in a video game. The Pill and Bone power ups were awesome lol  😄 😄 😄

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

snowdog said:

I loved Rise Of The Triad back in the day. I think it still holds the record for the most secrets in a video game. The Pill and Bone power ups were awesome lol  😄 😄 😄

I still have the original game, the DOS version, running on my P200 64MB Matrox Millenium2 Voodoo2 SLI (Museum) PC  o:) 

- and I've got the midi sound using the Soundblaster AWE32 card. It's not even a joke. Also have the original Doom, Descent and Duke Nukem 3D etc., admitted, it's years since I played those games. But I can - and that helps me sleep at night  o:)

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

Luciferous
Consultant
yep played them all, ah happy days when I had no responsibilities.

Evileyes
Rising Star
Holy Shit, you guys are speaking my old language! I had a Orchid righteous 3dfx voodoo 2, SB awe32 was like "the shit!" sound card, I had Altec lancing 2.1 clam shell speaker setup,. 28.8 US robotics sportster, All in a computer deck which I used to rub with a diaper.. oh man, those were the days! Someone would pickup the phone, and I would yell down stairs "Get off the fucking phone!!!"  used to make Doom 2 wad files, and Duke Nukem levels... so much fun... Ahh, just got a washed over by a wave of nostalgia. X-Wing, Tie fighter etc.. boxes neatly stacked on the book shelves. *takes a deep breath and looks out the window*
i9 10900k @ 5200Mhz, 32GB ram, EVGA 3090 FTW3 Ultra
Need a Tesla? Here is a free 1000 miles in supercharging!
https://ts.la/mark56706

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

Evileyes said:

Holy Shit, you guys are speaking my old language! I had a Orchid righteous 3dfx voodoo 2, SB awe32 was like "the shit!" sound card, I had Altec lancing 2.1 clam shell speaker setup,. 28.8 US robotics sportster, All in a computer deck which I used to rub with a diaper.. oh man, those were the days! Someone would pickup the phone, and I would yell down stairs "Get off the fucking phone!!!"  used to make Doom 2 wad files, and Duke Nukem levels... so much fun... Ahh, just got a washed over by a wave of nostalgia. X-Wing, Tie fighter etc.. boxes neatly stacked on the book shelves. *takes a deep breath and looks out the window*

I still consider Day of the Tentacle, maybe Maniac Mansion, like the best adventure games ever - they just don't make this stuff anymore (and Space Quest 1-3  ❤️ ). 

Best gaming experiences - the quantum jumps - may still be the first time I saw Doom and then Lone Echo. 

No Man's Sky probably won't be one - and I sometimes wonder if it's possible to experience a new jump in this life - what would it take... Maybe extremely high-res (8K-16K?) VR and processing power beyond my wildest dreams...  

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

OmegaM4N
Expert Trustee

Evileyes said:

Ha, free dial up internet with NTL in 1 hours blocks, those were the days, and your biggest worry was you were running out of space in your 1.44 double 40 floppy disk tray holder. lol

CV1/Vive-knuckles)/Dell Vr Visor/Go/Quest II/ PSVR.

RedRizla
Honored Visionary

OmegaM4N said:

Ha, free dial up internet with NTL in 1 hours blocks, those were the days, and your biggest worry was you were running out of space in your 1.44 double 40 floppy disk tray holder. lol

Those were the days where I learnt that your ping needed to be lower to play online games. I used to have AOL with a 400 plus ping and wondered why everyone was calling me a lagging barstuard when I had a different online user name. I was so pleased when I got my 1 meg broadband and to think I now have 200 meg that I just take for granted.

saami81
Rising Star
Bought this and now im patiently waiting for VR update. Ive readed about this game and watched youtube videos for new Beyond patch all day. Im afraid i might be overhyped. I hope it will be even half as good as i think it will be.