cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you restrict websites on browser?

KingCollin989
Honored Guest
I really want to let my siblings use my oculus, but I feel like if they use browser they could get into stuff that they shouldn't. Also, having an unrestrictable browser makes me tempted to look at those sites.
4 REPLIES 4

SnowyRegret
Honored Guest
I agree with you 100%. It would be nice to have something to put into place to protect guests from wandering where they shouldn't, and lighten the burden of self restraint a little bit.

Granted this won't work if the user is alone, but casting onto a cell phone would allow another person to keep an eye on how things are going. It's not a perfect work around, but it's something.

Hopefully this helps, and let's hope Oculus addresses this in the near future.

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP
Net Nanny?

https://get.netnanny.com/netnanny/?gclid=CjwKCAjw1rnqBRAAEiwAr29II0YNvedrVi8afpcIvNigBLUNd13EucP9KrT...

i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

OmegaM4N
Expert Trustee

I really want to let my siblings use my oculus, but I feel like if they use browser they could get into stuff that they shouldn't. Also, having an unrestrictable browser makes me tempted to look at those sites.

Does you provider offer any kind of homesafe setting that you could toggle on that would restict net access to only safe sites.
CV1/Vive-knuckles)/Dell Vr Visor/Go/Quest II/ PSVR.