Deisim - side load a great God Game on the Quest — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Deisim - side load a great God Game on the Quest

MountainDog12MountainDog12 Posts: 9
NerveGear
edited June 23 in Oculus Quest
This is not a completely finished game. It was turned down by the Quest store moderators but can be side-loaded. So far, this is fantastic! First God game I've played on the Quest & I'm loving it!!!
https://www.reddit.com/r/OculusQuest/comments/builk9/want_to_be_god_deisim_my_god_simulator_on_your/

The APK is in the Reddit discussion, just side-load it & create your world. If you like it, like I do, you can support the Dev by buying it on the Oculus store or Steam

Comments

• Scrappy-DooScrappy-Doo Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    It is a fantastic game and I'm really enjoying it. The shame is that I would have paid money for it if it had been in the Oculus store and been happy with the purchase. Oculus is restricting so much stuff that I'm only using sideloaded games and SteamVR now. I don't see myself buying any more games directly from the Oculus store since they don't seem interested in providing us with diverse content.
  • ZenbaneZenbane Posts: 14,384 Valuable Player
    edited August 9
    It is a fantastic game and I'm really enjoying it. The shame is that I would have paid money for it if it had been in the Oculus store and been happy with the purchase. Oculus is restricting so much stuff that I'm only using sideloaded games and SteamVR now. I don't see myself buying any more games directly from the Oculus store since they don't seem interested in providing us with diverse content.

It's a shame that users can't enjoy these prototypes without making everything some sort of witch hunt. I read the feedback of this prototype (and make no mistake, it is currently a prototype) on reddit, and it is clear that while this game is fun and unique, that it still needs a lot of work to be considered a finished product. And there is nothing wrong with Oculus requiring developers to provide a finished and polished product before it can be released to their storefront.

Here's some feedback from users on reddit:
    "Just tried it. You can see that it needs work/polish, so I can understand Oculus' position"

"I've had a hard time putting cattle down. Was able to do it successfully 2 out of maybe 20 times (and when it failed, it still used up all my mana). I'm sure it's something I'm doing wrong, just can't figure it out.

Grabbing things seems inconsistent, wether it's items in the god menu (kept getting the cattle when I wanted the regen for instance) or things on the terrain. Was usually a chore to pick up a person. Sometimes when I'd go to throw an ocean or forest onto an empty space, it would fail until I moved myself a tiny bit one way or another."

On the Oculus Rift, something like this would fall under "Early Access." But Quest does not have Early Access, so we get to sideload instead. There is nothing to complain about here. Just enjoy your software and be thankful for all the amazing technology.
    Are you a fan of the Myst games? Check out my Mod at http://www.mystrock.com/
    Catch me on Twitter: twitter.com/zenbane
  • Myron-SoftwareMyron-Software Posts: 10 Oculus Start Member
    That said I fixed most of these issues when I received the actual feedback and the players are now happy. I am realistic about the current status of my game but after 3 years of hard work calling it a prototype is maybe a little exagerated.