SteamVR + Oculus rift = a lot of lags — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

SteamVR + Oculus rift = a lot of lags

LuNyX-VRLuNyX-VR Posts: 7
NerveGear
edited July 29 in Oculus Rift S and Rift
Hello,
I've problem with SteamVR and my Oculus Rift, when i run a game with SteamVR, the game have a lot of bugs, it's impossible to play.
So, i test with the Oculus Software, and all it's okay, 0 lags, nothing...
Who have an idea to solve it ?
Thanks

Comments

• ShocksVRShocksVR Posts: 426
    Trinity
    Check to see if STEAM's auto supersampling is on; it's ENABLED by default. Having it set to anything above 100% will affect performance.

It should be understood that this is Valve's fault (not Oculus).  It's a pretty crummy setting that most people don't know about and it should be DISABLED by default.
    i7-7700k, GTX 1080Ti (11G) || MSI B150m (1 USB controller) + Inateck 4-port USB to PCIe (2nd USB controller)
    Oculus Rift S
    Oculus GO
    Oculus RIFT - 3 sensor Room-scale
  • LuNyX-VRLuNyX-VR Posts: 7
    NerveGear
    Check to see if STEAM's auto supersampling is on; it's ENABLED by default. Having it set to anything above 100% will affect performance.

It should be understood that this is Valve's fault (not Oculus).  It's a pretty crummy setting that most people don't know about and it should be DISABLED by default.
    Okay, so, i've set it to 100%, but there isn't a lot of changes...
  • MowTinMowTin Posts: 1,622
    Project 2501
    LuNyX-VR said:
    Hello,
    I've problem with SteamVR and my Oculus Rift, when i run a game with SteamVR, the game have a lot of bugs, it's impossible to play.
    Thanks

Check the task manager to see if SteamVR processes and Oculus processes and your game are sharing the same CPU.
    i7 6700k 2080ti   Rift-S, Index
    NerveGear
    MowTin said:
    LuNyX-VR said:
    Hello,
    Thanks

Check the task manager to see if SteamVR processes and Oculus processes and your game are sharing the same CPU.

Hum... I dont know ?

NerveGear
    UP, there is a solution ?
    Trinity

It's a tool that helps bypass STEAMVR for Rift users.  Caution, there are still a few games that it doesn't work for (namely newer games).  It has to be updated by the head developer to support those games.

i7-7700k, GTX 1080Ti (11G) || MSI B150m (1 USB controller) + Inateck 4-port USB to PCIe (2nd USB controller)
    Oculus Rift S
    Oculus GO
    NerveGear
    Okay so, i've try this, but there isn't any changes too, so I think the problem isn't SteamVR, but why the bugs/freeze/etc is only with steam games ? If you want to know, I try to play Beat Saber...
    Trinity
    Beat Saber has native Oculus SDK support on STEAM. https://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/wiki/steamgameswithnativesupport

Use "-vrmode oculus" in the launch parameters.
    Oculus Rift S
    Oculus GO
    NerveGear
    edited August 18
    So, the problem is always here, but I dont know why, "The Forest" in VR mode works fine... But Apollo 11 VR and Beat Saber dont work...