Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HOLY S*** No Mans Sky Coming August 14th Prepare your Engines

Shadowmask72
Honored Visionary
Can't wait.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLUDNnIXZmM

System Specs: MSI NVIDIA RTX 4090 , i5 13700K CPU, 32GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 11 64 Bit OS.
659 REPLIES 659

RedRizla
Honored Visionary

Then there is a time issue.... if i want to spend a few hrs building a base in say Ark.... I dont want to come back a week later and find out a group of people have ransacked it.

Again to each their own but if NMS is 100% PvE with coop with friends i am all for it 🙂

I know No Mans sky is big, but I have a question about base building. How can you build a base in the game and have it remain there for good? With the amount of people playing won't your base eventually just become one large city due to other people building bases that remain there for good?

bigmike20vt
Visionary

RedRizla said:

I know No Mans sky is big, but I have a question about base building. How can you build a base in the game and have it remain there for good? With the amount of people playing won't your base eventually just become one large city due to  other people building bases that remain for good?

you say you know NMS is big... I actually think you need to think more about it.... it is REALLY big!.

ie every single player could have their own entire planet and it would still be a tiny fraction of a percentage of the planets in the game.

Elite Dangerous is mind bogglingly huge and NMS is bigger than ED.
That said IF certain planets are more popular than others and you did end up with a sprawling city of bases... so long as HG have the infrastructure to support it then, imo that would be pretty amazing.
Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR 🙂

Star-lizard
Rising Star

SkScotchegg
Expert Trustee
Yeah this looks awesome, I'm definitely going to get this for sure, do we just install the normal 2D game and that gives you access to VR version?
UK: England - Leeds - - RTX 2080 - Rift CV1 & Rift S - Make love, not war - See you in the Oasis!

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
@SkScotchegg - Yes the 2D will just update allowing you to play in VR. I'm just wondering if you can use a joystick to fly with or if you have to use touch controllers.

SkScotchegg
Expert Trustee

RedRizla said:

@SkScotchegg - Yes the 2D will just update allowing you to play in VR. I'm just wondering if you can use a joystick to fly with or if you have to use touch controllers.

Nice 1 cheers.

Oh yeah good point, I wonder if we can use all forms of controllers, keyboard+mouse, Joystick and/or Xbox Wireless joypad? Does anybody know?
UK: England - Leeds - - RTX 2080 - Rift CV1 & Rift S - Make love, not war - See you in the Oasis!

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
The horror ... the horror.... 

No man's sky and children

I don't usually play online games except for pavlov and arizona sunshine but I thought I'd try echo vr yesterday for the first time, I was the only adult in the lobby, just little kids messing about, I left disillusioned. With the imminent release of no man's sky beyond , do you think it will be full of small children? or am I being a grumpy old man? I've played online with young adults and they've been good, better than me usually, it's just little kids with consoles not interesting in playing I'm worried about. Is there a way to prevent other players from seeing you? Can you play with friends in a group of four and be invisible to other users? Your thoughts and advice are welcomed.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ValveIndex/comments/cpcqtl/no_mans_sky_and_children/

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
@RuneSR2 - Do you have to play in groups or can you still play multiplayer alone? I don't mind seeing others players around me, but I don't want to start joining groups and then getting lots of friend requests on Steam just because I decided to play with a bunch of people.
I'll be avoiding the groups with kids though because just the voices are enough to do my head in after a short period of time. On saying that, I've also played in clans with the older players and even some of them did my head in 😄
I just like to play single player now, but still be part of the multiplayer. I guess I could just join a group and just leave if it's not for me.

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

RedRizla said:

@RuneSR2 - Do you have to play in groups or can you still play multiplayer alone? I don't mind seeing others players around me, but I don't want to start joining groups and then getting lots of friend requests on Steam just because I decided to play with a bunch of people.
I'll be avoiding the groups with kids though because just the voices are enough to do my head in after a short period of time. On saying that, I've also played in clans with the older players and even some of them did my head in 😄
I just like to play single player now, but still be part of the multiplayer. I guess I could just join a group and just leave if it's not for me.

I only played the pancake version for maybe 30 minutes, but back then I was alone. Died alone too :blush: I guess it's ok to meet other people in NMS, as long as they're small dots of pixels in the horizon and don't rekindle my social phobia  😄   

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

Star-lizard
Rising Star
You can play single or multi player or just multi player with friends