Rift S + DCS World 2.5 => bad performance (<40FPS) — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Rift S + DCS World 2.5 => bad performance (<40FPS)

HerexxHerexx Posts: 3
NerveGear
Hello everyone,

I bought a Rift S and am a bit surprised about the rather bad performance in VR.
When I play with RiftS (DCS World Preset for VR and 1280x1400 resolution, pixel density 1.1), the OTT's HUD display never shows more than 45FPS and I have a lot of microstuttters.
If I play on my monitor in 3440x1440 and "high" settings, I have as usual over 70FPS.
In Oculus software I already tried everything possible: Priority on performance instead of quality, disable/enable ASW etc.

How is it that the performance breaks down to such an extent, despite the lower resolution and detail level? What can I do to improve performance? In my opinion it should not be due to my hardware.

Gigabyte Aorus Master Z390
    Core i9-9900k
    Sapphire RX Vega 64 Nitro+
    32GB RAM

I appreciate any help.

Regards

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator

Comments

• JohnGBJohnGB Posts: 8
    NerveGear
    Unticking Vsync in DCS system settings helped me, you will only get 40 or 80 FPS with Rift S.
  • HerexxHerexx Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    Hi John,
    vsync is deactivated all the time. Finally, i will test shader-Mod for DCS. I cannot believe, that my hw is not good enough for at least 40fps at lower setting in VR.
  • RedRizlaRedRizla Posts: 6,593 Valuable Player
    edited August 12
    @Herexx - Are you using Steam version of DCS? Maybe you have the Steam rendering for set to high for VR if you are. ASW is different to what Steam uses.
  • HerexxHerexx Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    Ok, finally I could solve the problem by using shader mod. Now I can have constant 40fps with active aws, 3440x1440 resolution and 1.4 Super Sampling and on medium detail level. Without aws fps are between 80 and 60. Currently I set resolution to 2560x1440, 1.4 supersampling, active AWS and customized medium detail level (higher distance and better textures, res. of cockpit desplays = 1024, MSAAx2 and some other settings...) and the fps remain at 40fps without microstutters. I'm happy xD

PS: I have the "not Steam" version of DCS.