cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot disable ASW

KINGvr
Explorer
hello

im having issues with certain games (dirt rally 2.0/elite) where the ASW controller just doesnt work
disable via OTT and registery entry also does nothing
can we not just have a ASW on/off in the dashboard?

the issue im finding is...... and this happens on DCS world, if the software already has any of the ASW controller numpad buttons pre configured, then ASW cannot be controlled by the numpad keys anymore. so on DCS world, you have to pause the game to enable/disable or do it in the main menu, doesnt work once im actually flying.... unless i pause the game
doesnt work for all apps though
please give us the option to use this as an option, instead of forcing it down our necks.... just a thought

steve
3 REPLIES 3

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP
Ya, I need to do the same with X Plane 11.  Pause, then ctrl+num1 to turn it off.  If I remember I can do this when I open the Oculus app and it will hold asw off until I shutdown the Oculus App.  When it restarts it is always on auto.  I agree it would be nice to have an option to just turn it off completely.
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

KINGvr
Explorer
i think iv found said option. Oculus debug tool actually works, DR2.0 is now running much better with zero frame drops and no judder. can we not have the ODT as a part of the desktop/oculus home options?

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP
Ya the ODT works fine to turn asw off but unless you start it up all the time the asw setting eventually go back to auto.  Really, we just need an asw on/off switch within the oculus dashboard/settings imho.
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers
Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?