cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Glasses ?

ROOMADMIN
Explorer
Well the glasses thing that comes with it is about as useful as a chocolate ashtray. Is there any better ones about yet ? 
26 REPLIES 26

ROOMADMIN
Explorer

atkinsonline
Expert Protege

enigma01 said:

ENIGMA01...  I am short sighted & need glasses for the Quest / Rift. 
But if you are long sighted (& only slightly) then do you need glasses for it?

I say slightly... but it’s +3.75 in my left eye. Typing this post on my phone right now I can see the text very clear with both eyes working together, but if I close my right eye I struggle to read the text. I was wondering why some of the custom lenses websites was saying to use distance prescription. When you have the headset on, even though your eyes are near to the screen does it give you perception you are looking into the distance? I do struggle to get a 100% clear image in my Quest and have to Max the ipd slider to get best clarity (my far pd is 70 and the quest is meant to be 72mm Max), and my eyes get strained after about 45 mins. 

Yes it is the distance prescription values required for vr lenses. 

useri7
Protege
I use glasses without this distance holder but I put protection film on the lenses to avoid scratches from my glasses. 

atkinsonline
Expert Protege
My lenses for the Quest have left the company in Germany on way to UK.  Could be up to 3 weeks to arrive apparently. But that may be due to Brexit!

ROOMADMIN
Explorer
Well it seems I've now got a free Quest 🙂 So I'm going to ask them for the 3D files for the glasses extender and see if I can design and make a better suited one for me 

atkinsonline
Expert Protege
Just as a follow-up, the optical lenses I ordered from https://vroptician.com/
were sent on 29th from Germany to the UK but got held up somewhere last Thursday and arrived today.  I did not bother to order lenses for my Rift and Vive but decided to order for the Quest and I'm really pleased I did.  Although the Quest is quite glasses friendly, I still find that glasses steam up and my eyelashes soon touch the glasses and make them difficult to see through.  The lenses are a revelation and make VR much more pleasant.  Well recommended.  I even tried contact lenses for the Rift but for me it's a pain to put them in just for VR as I have to remove them when out of VR to be able to read.

laudbrian
Explorer
I've been using these magnetic lens prescription adapter inserts as they have totally changed my VR experience comfort wise, no more scratches or fog. Easy to remove if you're sharing with other users as the wife and kid have perfect eyesight. They are half the price of competitors WidomoVR, VR Optician and 3D printed just like the rest of them. All you need are these magnetic adapters https://www.etsy.com/listing/710848026/oculus-quest-rift-s-magnetic and $9.95 prescription lens from Zenni