Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rift S and Rift 1.40 PTC Release Notes

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager
Guardian

We’ve made performance improvements and feature updates to improve your experience while interacting with Guardian. These updates include:

• Ability to clear your Guardian boundary history from your Guardian settings menu.
  • Opportunity to confirm your Guardian boundaries are accurate when you first put on your headset.
  • Removed the need to indicate what direction is forward when setting up Guardian.

Store
  • Updated the design, and improved performance and load times for the Oculus Store.

Home
  • You can now collect all of your Oculus Home rewards at once with the new Collect All button.

Fixes
  • Fixed an issue where touch controllers could lose tracking during fast movements with Rift.
  • Removed warning that USB drivers needed to be updated when drivers were already up to date.

As always, if you encounter any issues with this software release, please be sure to report them using the Help Center > Provide Feedback option within the Oculus desktop software. If you have any feature requests or suggestions to make the Oculus software even better, please head over to our UserVoice page to share your feedback. Thanks for your continued help!
If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!
143 REPLIES 143

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP
John, I feel bad for you mate.  Hopefully this will get sorted out eventually.  I guess in the meantime you can use Revive to use most of your Oculus Store games on your Vive (and maybe WMR?).
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

Yk_SVA
Explorer
Это не изделие - это говно! 2 дня 25 раз под столом чтобы включить выключить DP & USB 3.0. Ни бета ни релиз не работают ни хрена...

Rosgillies
Adventurer

Yk_SVA said:

Это не изделие - это говно! 2 дня 25 раз под столом чтобы включить выключить DP & USB 3.0. Ни бета ни релиз не работают ни хрена...

Pardon???

RattyUK
Trustee

Yk_SVA said:

Translated:
This is not a product - this is shit! 2 days 25 times under the table to turn on turn off DP & USB 3.0. Neither beta nor release does not work a damn ...

Вы пробовали PTC или используете версию программного обеспечения 1.39.1?

Какую версию Windows вы используете?

PC info: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X - Sapphire 7900XTX - 32GB DDR4 4000 - 3 NVMe + 3SATA SSD - Quest 2 & 3

Yk_SVA
Explorer

win 10 home 1903,5.0819 ,  v1.39.... beta, last update:

Anonymous
Not applicable

@TomCgcmfc

I know the deal I owned 2 Rift CV1 which were problems due not purchasing a Inateck USB card for the most part everything worked after purchasing the USB card. I never encountered  so many problems with a headset. I opened tickets for the white static screen and had the unit replaced and send back to me with the same problem 3 hours of my time wasted nothing was solved received the new Rift-s open another ticket because of the white static on the new headset I was send a cable which did nothing. Second problem multi-monitor on my PC blank screen on the Rift-s  headset never happen with CV1 and a user on the forum told my to disable one monitor (solved the problem) tracking on the unit is hit or miss depending on the update I don't have a faculty unit I borrowed my friends unit and I had the same problems. My Vive works fine my two Samsung Odyssey work . Complaining I own over 70 Oculus Rift games from the store which I can't use and I have a headset which I like but is a hassle to get working and it should be plug N play.

All I know is I worked in Q/A electronics and entertainment  for good part of 40 years of  my employment and if I gave the OK for product in this shape I would been fired.

That may have been me, yes I will get black screen in headset unless I disable my secondary monitor before putting on the Rift S. I was thinking I was about the only one with this issue and beginning to wonder if it could be my power supply or something. In any event as long as I disable that monitor I never get a black screen, and really is the only issue I am having now. It would be nice to be able to not have to disable it,  but not a big deal for me to do so.

If you are on the 1.40 PTC you certainly should not be seeing those white static flashes.

Yk_SVA
Explorer
как то так

john.zigmont
Heroic Explorer
@dburne

And Thank you for your advice regarding the multi-monitor

Yes the static white flashes are solved the monitor problem is not a power supply I have a 1600 Watt PS in my rig. I currently using 1.39.1 now the two problems are the false USB warning and fast tracking what I'm stating is with the Release Channel we have not solved the current problems but the PTC channel has these two problems solved but has new problems that weren't there before.

When I owned CV1 the PTC channel would most of the time would be a improvement over the Release Channel. I honestly like the headset IMO it's not ready for prime time.

RattyUK
Trustee

Yk_SVA said:

win 10 home 1903,5.0819 ,  v1.39.... beta, last update:

У вас есть порты USB 3.0 и 3.1? Вы пытались использовать разные порты, контроллеры Asmedia могут вызвать проблемы. Также проверьте, не были ли заменены драйверы вашей материнской платы Microsoft, на всякий случай.

PC info: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X - Sapphire 7900XTX - 32GB DDR4 4000 - 3 NVMe + 3SATA SSD - Quest 2 & 3

Yk_SVA
Explorer

RattyUK said:

Yk_SVA said:

У вас есть порты USB 3.0 и 3.1? Вы пытались использовать разные порты, контроллеры Asmedia могут вызвать проблемы. Также проверьте, не были ли заменены драйверы вашей материнской платы Microsoft, на всякий случай.

Да, у меня есть указанные порты, стоят родные драйвера на материнской плате ASUS Gene Maximus VI. Я использовал переключение всех портов USB 3.0 и 3.1. Более того я извлёк все устройства (джойстики для авиасимулятора) из других портов USB 2.0 и 3.0 оставив только клавиатуру и мышь. Windows 10 home имеет последнее обновление 1903 от 5.08.19, драйвер видеокарты NV 431.60 (крайний). Выключение DP происходит постоянно как только я подношу шлем к голове - появляется черный экран, через 1-2 минуты может включиться изображение комнаты с сообщением о критической ошибке и неисправности оборудования, после чего в разделе устройств настроек шлем отключен от DP и опять всё темнеет, на экране ничего нет. При подключении к Beta сообщение об отключении USB 3.0 вроде бы пропали.

Да, и что такое PTC? Программа Oculussetup с официального сайта, а что она ставит я не понял...