cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mechwarrior 5........ Oculus... here is one to splash some cash!.

bigmike20vt
Visionary
(or if not MW5 , then something similar to it)

when MW5 was 1st announced the devs said it would be built from the ground up to be compatible with VR.
I noticed recently that there was no longer any mention of VR, so I contacted the devs and they confirmed that VR is no longer in the roadmap for MW5.

I am gutted, after trying archangel as well as Vox Machinae I am convinced a full blooded mech game needs to come out in VR.

however personally i am only interested in a proper story led campaign, not bothered about arena PvP shooters 1 bit.
Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR 🙂
12 REPLIES 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Oh man that is disappointing news, I would have been all over that one.

bigmike20vt
Visionary
ditto
Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR 🙂

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
There's a lot of games that would suit VR, but we just don't see a great deal of them. I'm still waiting on a really good horror game that beats Alien Isolation, which was modded to make VR work in the end. Resident Evil would have being that game, but I think we can safely say it isn't going to happen on PC -VR.
Did you ask the devs why they wouldn't make it for VR when they initially said it was going to be built for VR?
This is also why I'm not that bothered about upgrading my CV1. I want to see better games instead of throwing money at another VR headset when we only have a few really good games to play.

bigmike20vt
Visionary
I didnt ask them why, i kept my mail as to the point as possible.... I believe their support is being pretty much inundated with complaints about the Epic store / steam key issue right now so I am actually just pleased they responded. (even if the answer was not what I wanted to hear)

SkScotchegg
Expert Trustee

RedRizla said:

There's a lot of games that would suit VR, but we just don't see a great deal of them. I'm still waiting on a really good horror game that beats Alien Isolation, which was modded to make VR work in the end. Resident Evil would have being that game, but I think we can safely say it isn't going to happen on PC -VR.
Did you ask the devs why they wouldn't make it for VR when they initially said it was going to be built for VR?
This is also why I'm not that bothered about upgrading my CV1. I want to see better games instead of throwing money at another VR headset when they only have a few good games to play.

Yeah I feel the same mate. I bought Resident Evil 7 and I refuse to play it until it supports VR. I'm still waiting...

2049 - I'm still waiting...

lol  :'(
UK: England - Leeds - - RTX 2080 - Rift CV1 & Rift S - Make love, not war - See you in the Oasis!

MowTin
Expert Trustee

I noticed recently that there was no longer any mention of VR, so I contacted the devs and they confirmed that VR is no longer in the roadmap for MW5.

What?!!! No way. They promised VR from the beginning. Been waiting forever for this game. 

How hard is it to add VR to a mech game? You're in a cockpit. 
i7 9700k 3090 rtx   CV1, Rift-S, Index, G2

LameDuckWarrior
Heroic Explorer
Me thinks the release of No Mans Sky Beyond will kick VR into mainstream or at least is my hope.
In my perfect world, even PES or Fifa or Madden would have a VR option (top down you see).

Shadowmask72
Honored Visionary
Something like Steel Battalion: Heavy Armor from Capcom. Now that had Kinect support on Xbox 360 which didn't work very well. But in VR it might be pretty good.

System Specs: MSI NVIDIA RTX 4090 , i5 13700K CPU, 32GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 11 64 Bit OS.

falken76
Expert Consultant
I would like to see a Mech game set in the Robotech setting, either Macross or Invid Invasion.  I'd buy that game.