cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Man's Sky and Ready Player One Oasis

MowTin
Expert Trustee
No Man's Sky will be the closest thing to the Oasis in VR.

1. Not just an open world but an open universe in VR. 

2. You can build in the universe. 

3. Multiplayer. You're in this open universe with friends

It all sounds just too good to be true. I'm sure there will be optimization problems and glitches at first. But I'm very very excited for this. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HB9EXdIu5cc
i7 9700k 3090 rtx   CV1, Rift-S, Index, G2
31 REPLIES 31

RattyUK
Trustee

RattyUK said:

This looks kinda exciting, do you think you can just buy it outside of the steam and oculus environment's then wait for the update? I read it described as a 'pancake' game. cheers

I don't know if it will come to Oculus store but is fine on Steam.  The VR update is only 4 days away so it may be worth waiting for some user comments.  Humble Bundle have it at  £19.99 (50% off) for the next 11 days...

nice one, cdkeys £18.99 ....

Even better!
PC info: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X - Sapphire 7900XTX - 32GB DDR4 4000 - 3 NVMe + 3SATA SSD - Quest 2 & 3

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
Stuff to watch while drinking the morning coffee on a Sunday  🙂 

"The Fall and Rise of No Man's Sky"

https://youtu.be/j5DzIsjrKzw

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP
I,m sooooo hyped up, lol!!!
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

RedRizla
Honored Visionary

TomCgcmfc said:

I,m sooooo hyped up, lol!!!

I've learnt to lower my expectations. That way I'm really happy when something turns out to be good.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yup, I'm pretty hyped up too. Can't wait to start milking and riding these animals 😄

I'm just hoping that they're going to have a first person option for riding these things but I don't think that's very likely cos people will be revisiting their lunch lol 😄

MowTin
Expert Trustee

RedRizla said:

I've learnt to lower my expectations. That way I'm really happy when something turns out to be good.

I agree. Day 1 will be full of bugs and outages and angry complaining people. But Hello Games will get everything fixed eventually. 

But it's really hard to lower your expectations for a full VR universe. 
i7 9700k 3090 rtx   CV1, Rift-S, Index, G2

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm not lowering my expectations. I'm fully on board the Hype TrainShip.

Choooooo chooooooooooooooo!!!

https://media1.tenor.com/images/59b527df2c50014f7dbcb6fc1a41e6e3/tenor.gif?itemid=10498452

Anonymous
Not applicable
Bugger. No update yet, will probably be tomorrow tomorrow rather than today tomorrow.

Well I know what I'm talking about anyway 😄

Benaclejames
Honored Guest
I am honestly so hyped! Hopefully it lives up to it's expectations and breathes some new life into VR!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yeah The last trailer dropped about 1/2 an hour after I went to bed and I can see Beyond doing similar 😞