Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HOLY S*** No Mans Sky Coming August 14th Prepare your Engines

Shadowmask72
Honored Visionary
Can't wait.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLUDNnIXZmM

System Specs: MSI NVIDIA RTX 4090 , i5 13700K CPU, 32GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 11 64 Bit OS.
659 REPLIES 659

Evileyes
Rising Star
Anyone know the exact time of this release (12:00am on the 14th PST?), because my leg is starting to hurt and I might need to take the day off. 😉
i9 10900k @ 5200Mhz, 32GB ram, EVGA 3090 FTW3 Ultra
Need a Tesla? Here is a free 1000 miles in supercharging!
https://ts.la/mark56706

Star-lizard
Rising Star
mgatwbsb1wjf.png3m9qc0vww5g4.png

Star-lizard
Rising Star
https://uploadvr.com/no-mans-sky-vr-interview/

Upload: This is a really long shot but, Oculus Quest?

SM: Yeah. I’ve been playing it a lot, actually, and it’s lovely.

Upload: It’s the best. But… 

SM: Yeah. There is a future there, right, for that kind of device, right?

sford52
Heroic Explorer

RattyUK said:

If you don't have NMS yet, currently 50% of at Humble Bundle - for the next 12 days (which covers VR launch day)

Stupid question alert: If I buy a game from a non Oculus provider (Steam or Humble Bumble) I imagine they are playable on the Oculus platform but is there a performance hit? I was under the (mis?) impression that with Steam there are one or more helper apps that have to be run at the same time.

ASUS ROG Strix GL702VS-AH73 17.3" Laptop.  I7-7700HQ, GTX1070, 12 GB DDR4 RAM, 500 EVO 970 GB SSD, VS 2017, Oculus rift, Windows 10 home

Star-lizard
Rising Star

sford52 said:

RattyUK said:

If you don't have NMS yet, currently 50% of at Humble Bundle - for the next 12 days (which covers VR launch day)

Stupid question alert: If I buy a game from a non Oculus provider (Steam or Humble Bumble) I imagine they are playable on the Oculus platform but is there a performance hit? I was under the (mis?) impression that with Steam there are one or more helper apps that have to be run at the same time.

Yes you just turn install from unknown sources in settings.

Evileyes
Rising Star
Hit the gym, schedule clear (14th free), index controllers charged up, stocked the fridge, my robot cleaned the house. 100% ready for NMS!!!!!!!!Bring that shit on!!!!!! im staying up till 12am, I cannot wait to play, holy SHIIIIITT
i9 10900k @ 5200Mhz, 32GB ram, EVGA 3090 FTW3 Ultra
Need a Tesla? Here is a free 1000 miles in supercharging!
https://ts.la/mark56706

doc_doyle_397
Honored Guest
WOW. I'm going to do an early shift tomorrow, try to get home before 4pm :blush:
Can't believe it, seems like these few weeks since announcement were FOREVER !!
Anyone feel same? 

Star-lizard
Rising Star

WOW. I'm going to do an early shift tomorrow, try to get home before 4pm :blush:
Can't believe it, seems like these few weeks since announcement were FOREVER !!
Anyone feel same? 

I sure do , I cat wait, iv had the game for about a year waiting to be played

doc_doyle_397
Honored Guest

sford52 said:

RattyUK said:

Yes you just turn install from unknown sources in settings.

WOW good question. Most great games though use the oculus sdk too, and not openvr / steam vr for oculus I think. I bought it on steam had to. For this price, and if I upgrade to Index, I want to have it on steam of course. I almost buy everything on steam guys unless its exclusive like that spy game I got month or so ago...

doc_doyle_397
Honored Guest
It makes so much sense, as who knows what VR we will have in 2-5 years. I do plan on getting an index for sure, it looks to beautiful. I have the S now.