cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Rift DK 2 send HELP

EchoOfHorror
Honored Guest
Hey all,
I'm trying to utilize my old oculus rift!  I can get it to work with steam and even get to the home area on oculus!  I also have the oculus touch and here is where I have a little problem.  It seems that the hdmi and one USB 3.0 are registering, specifically the ones plugging into the headset.  I have tried swapping cords, checked to make sure all my drivers are up to date on everything, and I know the headset works because it literally works.  I'm at my wits end on trying to get it to work and so does the headset just not register at all or am I missing something.  

Additionally, I made sure to go into Nvidia Control Panel and guess what the monitor shows up but not the headset even when the headset is working.zwc333vjrkev.png
3 REPLIES 3

MikeF
Trustee
Not sure what your problem is exactly, but if you're trying to get touch working it wont, the dk2 doesnt support touch

kojack
MVP
MVP
The headsets shouldn't show up in the nvidia panel. They are using direct mode, which bypasses windows so they aren't recognised as monitors. I've got 2 rifts plugged in right now (CV1 and Rift-S) and neither shows in the nvidia panel.
(They may show up if the oculus drivers aren't installed, but when working correctly they shouldn't be there)

Touch communicates via a wireless link with the CV1 or Rift-S headset (not the cameras, their wireless is used for syncing). The DK2 has no wireless transceiver built in, so it's impossible to communicate with the Touch controllers.

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

EchoOfHorror
Honored Guest
Thanks both of you!  I really appreciate the feed back!