New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Controller Stuck, it let just rotate.

Jerra89Jerra89 Posts: 15
NerveGear
Hi, i think i found out, why the controllers stuck sometimes. I read im not the only one with this problem but i can't solve it.
If you set the iside-out look in the experimentals to on, you can push the oculus button twice and see throgh the cameras. Like you cross your guardian or while the setup.
And if the controller stuck, i want to use the cameras and saw just snow. It seems, everytime the controllers are stucked, it looks like the cameras are offline.
All i can do ist to reconnect the usb.
If i try to restart the software (not only because the controller) the headset stays black but maybe with sound.

If anyone have a idea because of this it would be great, but maybe it just needs a software bugfix.
Sorry, my english is bad ^^"

Comments

• MAC_MAN86MAC_MAN86 Posts: 2,262
    Wintermute
    Same here after loss of colour in Elite. Now I wait for the 1.38 roll out and if not fixed will refund.
  • MondogrundayMondogrunday Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    exact same issue here, sent in ticket.  no one has fix for this yet?
  • MrOnionMrOnion Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    both of my controllers are now occupying the same point in space on the floor in the middle of my workspace. Neither will move from that spot at all, but both rotate. They are also mis-aligned with the controller's actual rotations...so, at the moment, my Rift S is essentially useless.  :s :/
  • TomCgcmfcTomCgcmfc Posts: 1,455
    Project 2501
    Try removing both controller batteries and then reinstall them.

Custom built gaming desktop; i9 9900k (water cooled) oc to 5ghz, gtx 1080 ti (from my old AGA), 32 gb 3000hz ram, 1 tb ssd, 4 tb hdd.  Asus  ROG Maximus xi hero wifi mb, StarTech 4 port/4 controller sata powered usb3.0 pcie card, Asus VG248QE 1080p 144hz gaming monitor, Oculus Rift cv1 w/2x sensors. Vive Cosmos, currently work in progress.

• Pic0oPic0o Posts: 24
    Brain Burst
    I had the same issue and it turned out my Rift S cable was loose plugging into the headset.

If you remove the face guard, remove and re-insert the cable, it may help you out too.