Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HOLY S*** No Mans Sky Coming August 14th Prepare your Engines

Shadowmask72
Honored Visionary
Can't wait.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLUDNnIXZmM

System Specs: MSI NVIDIA RTX 4090 , i5 13700K CPU, 32GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 11 64 Bit OS.
659 REPLIES 659

Shadowmask72
Honored Visionary
Just spent 50 minutes recording a video. Yeh this game is really cool and engaging so far. Explored the first planet, repaired tools, scanned some beasts, repaired the ship then flew across the planet surface (flight controls take some getting used to) and then jetted-off into space. Mined some asteroids, then hyper-warped to another signal on a different planet.  Really nice so far aside from the poor performance. Bearable but I can see some people not being happy. Yeh I don't think the game is using my GPU as well as it should.

System Specs: MSI NVIDIA RTX 4090 , i5 13700K CPU, 32GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 11 64 Bit OS.

Star-lizard
Rising Star
So the VR game plays feels very nice , it is something I'm going to have to learn the menuse and controls , I have had the game for a year but I only have 4 min of game time making every thing new , audio is nice and graphics are exactly like you see on the 2D game , nothing like Elite . I accidently discovered if I reach behind my left shoulder and grab it activates some sort of scanned mode that shows a bunch of objects and material locations in the distance

nalex66
MVP
MVP

nalex66 said:

Can anyone tell me whether there is a left-handed mode (i.e. using your tool in your left hand and your menu on your right wrist)? I saw some of the options menus in a YouTube video, but I didn't see a setting for playing left-handed.

No I cannot see Anyway to swap hands , looks like you can use a game controller and configure it as you like

Ugh. I don't want to use a controller if they've implemented motion controls, but having to do everything wrong-handed is going to get tiresome quickly.

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

Evileyes
Rising Star
I get some serious motion sickness flying. Bummer.

Played with a ton of settings, something seems to be off... there is some type of overall blur going on. Overall, im on the fence if I like it or not. Annoyed because I started to get sick, guess I need more time with it to make a proper assessment. The movement controls kind of bug, they seem off.. a lot seems off, locating the health bars etc..I like the cockpits of the ships, they put some work into them. going to watch a movie and take a nap, need for this sickness to subside.
i9 10900k @ 5200Mhz, 32GB ram, EVGA 3090 FTW3 Ultra
Need a Tesla? Here is a free 1000 miles in supercharging!
https://ts.la/mark56706

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
@Shadowmask72 - What settings are you using? I have Steam Super Sampling set to 150% and mostly high graphics apart from Shadows and post processing. I have my fps set to 90 fps. What's the best setting with a Geforce 2080ti -Anyone?

Star-lizard
Rising Star

nalex66 said:

nalex66 said:

Can anyone tell me whether there is a left-handed mode (i.e. using your tool in your left hand and your menu on your right wrist)? I saw some of the options menus in a YouTube video, but I didn't see a setting for playing left-handed.

No I cannot see Anyway to swap hands , looks like you can use a game controller and configure it as you like

Ugh. I don't want to use a controller if they've implemented motion controls, but having to do everything wrong-handed is going to get tiresome quickly.

I understand I'm a lefty as well , but living in a world of right handers I just go with it 😞

Shadowmask72
Honored Visionary
@redrizla  I need to play around. I was actually getting decent visuals on Ultra but lowered it down. But lots of reprojection. I disabled motion smoothing. I have my custom res at 150%. I actually bumped the game res up to 150% as well. I have Vsync OFF and any form of AA disabled.  I need to play more when I am not recording at the same time. 

bigmike20vt
Visionary
Download is in .. alas not booked a gaming night so watching a stranger things with Mrs instead. May have cheeky go when she goes to bed
Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable
You guys are all hen-pecked.

You should tell these women that you're gaming cos you want to game. Wear those trousers, people, wear those trousers. B)

RattyUK
Trustee
A suggested setting that may be missed - performance-wise:
wherever NMS is saved with steam, open the No Man's Sky folder / Binaries
Right Click NMS.exe select properties / Compatibility / Change High DPI Settings
Then select High DPI Scaling Override and set it to Aplication
Apply then try NMS again..
Suggested on the Steam Forum.

Also, re-map controls is currently FUBAR - wait for the next patch, I guess...

Controller can be successfully used by putting steam into Big Picture mode if not recognised in-game.
PC info: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X - Sapphire 7900XTX - 32GB DDR4 4000 - 3 NVMe + 3SATA SSD - Quest 2 & 3