Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HOLY S*** No Mans Sky Coming August 14th Prepare your Engines

Shadowmask72
Honored Visionary
Can't wait.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLUDNnIXZmM

System Specs: MSI NVIDIA RTX 4090 , i5 13700K CPU, 32GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 11 64 Bit OS.
659 REPLIES 659

Anonymous
Not applicable
Good news is my leg is doing better playing VR games standing. Bad news is that my back has been screwed for 25 years or so, so I have to sit down and take a 15 minute break every hour or so.

I should go to the doctors and get it all sorted out but I've got way too many other medical issues to deal with at the moment as it is. I'm going to put it on my list of things to do!

RattyUK
Trustee

TomCgcmfc said:

RattyUK said:

I'm starting to suspect that they shipped a beta build (as a build was pulled from Steam this morning then replaced this afternoon) while they fix whatever bugs reared their heads with the release version.  The loss of customised controls, lack of 'other controllers built-in' and generally awful performance just seems so 'different' to what Shaun was saying just a couple of days ago!
The experimental Vulkan pancake version was rock solid and very fast, what we have now, even in pancake is unstable and in VR a dog's dinner.
Just having a moan as my custom keyboard bindings disappeared...
I'm sure it'll all be patched and good in the near future.

Ratty, are you saying that Vulkan does not work in VR mode right now?  If so, too bad since using it should improve graphics performance and cpu multithread usage.  Thanks.

I think it is still Vulkan based, but without any optimisation - particularly for VR - as even in pancake performance doesn't appear to be a smooth as the experimental.  It was hinted that Vulkan needed to be introduced in readiness for VR so I'm not sure exactly went wrong with the release, I was getting very good framerates in 4K flat...
PC info: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X - Sapphire 7900XTX - 32GB DDR4 4000 - 3 NVMe + 3SATA SSD - Quest 2 & 3

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
Glad I didn't get hyped about this because the performance is shite. I just started The Forest that I haven't looked at in months and it has thick forest that looks nice with good performance. No Mans sky has little graphics on land and my performance is so up and down with blurry graphics.
I'll test it some more but it's not looking good for me so far. How is it not able to perform well in VR with those graphics though?

RedRizla
Honored Visionary

snowdog said:

Restarted the game in a new place, should have noted the planet for a bug report but didn't think about it at the time. I basically got spawned in what looked like a bowl shape surrounded by mountains and my ship was outside the mountain range lol 😄

Restarted on a different planet and have just started to repair my ship now and have now got visor scanner thingy.

I restarted my game 5 times and still can't find a fricken ship. Where the hell is it or how the hell do you even find it?

ShocksVR
Superstar

snowdog said:

Good news is my leg is doing better playing VR games standing. Bad news is that my back has been screwed for 25 years or so, so I have to sit down and take a 15 minute break every hour or so.

I should go to the doctors and get it all sorted out but I've got way too many other medical issues to deal with at the moment as it is. I'm going to put it on my list of things to do!

Use your Jetpack (B button) to climb mountains.  Took me a while to figure that out since I didn't see it listed in the tutorials.
i7-7700k, Zotac RTX 3080 AMP Holo (10G), QuestPro, Quest 2
Previous: Oculus GO, Oculus RIFT - 3 sensor Room-scale, Oculus Rift S

Anonymous
Not applicable

RedRizla said:

snowdog said:

Restarted the game in a new place, should have noted the planet for a bug report but didn't think about it at the time. I basically got spawned in what looked like a bowl shape surrounded by mountains and my ship was outside the mountain range lol 😄

Restarted on a different planet and have just started to repair my ship now and have now got visor scanner thingy.

I restarted my game 5 times and still can't find a fricken ship. Where the hell is it or how the hell do you even find it?

Press down on the left stick to do a scan and it'll show up as a red mark on your HUD.

snowdog said:

Use your Jetpack (B button) to climb mountains.  Took me a while to figure that out since I didn't see it listed in the tutorials.

Bloody hell, that would have saved me a bit of bother lol. No idea why it isn't mentioned in the tutorials.

I seem to be the only one here without performance issues, although I have turned AA off. Textures are set to Ultra, Shadows Enhanced and everything else High. No problems at all, although I did get some MAJOR frames dropped at the start where you're travelling through the universe whilst it's crunching numbers like mental.

I'm really loving this game so far but just a quick heads up - don't attack Sentinels with the bog standard weapon. It doesn't end too well lmfao ???

Anonymous
Not applicable
Forgot to mention there's a framerate option in there somewhere that's automatically set to 60, I changed it to 90 so maybe that's why?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Oh shit. This game is BIG. Someone on Facebook told me this:

No. 
There are 18,000 trillion stars in NMS. And 1 to 6 worlds in each of those starsystems.

So that's 18 quadrillion star systems. An average of 3 planets per star. So that's 54 quadrillion planets.

Bloody hell lol ?

Star-lizard
Rising Star

RattyUK said:

TomCgcmfc said:

RattyUK said:

I'm starting to suspect that they shipped a beta build (as a build was pulled from Steam this morning then replaced this afternoon) while they fix whatever bugs reared their heads with the release version.  The loss of customised controls, lack of 'other controllers built-in' and generally awful performance just seems so 'different' to what Shaun was saying just a couple of days ago!
The experimental Vulkan pancake version was rock solid and very fast, what we have now, even in pancake is unstable and in VR a dog's dinner.

Ratty, are you saying that Vulkan does not work in VR mode right now?  If so, too bad since using it should improve graphics performance and cpu multithread usage.  Thanks.

I think it is still Vulkan based, but without any optimisation - particularly for VR - as even in pancake performance doesn't appear to be a smooth as the experimental.  It was hinted that Vulkan needed to be introduced in readiness for VR so I'm not sure exactly went wrong with the release, I was getting very good framerates in 4K flat...

I think your correct I cannot get the game to run above 45 fps after exiting for a second time. I have even tried the 2d version and can't get fps above 60 with the same settings I was using before the update @160  fps or so

RedRizla
Honored Visionary

RattyUK said:

TomCgcmfc said:

RattyUK said:

I think your correct I cannot get the game to run above 45 fps after exiting for a second time. I have even tried the 2d version and can't get fps above 60 with the same settings I was using before the update @160  fps or so

There is something strange happening with this game regarding performance. I was getting 90 fps and now I cant get above 45 fps. It's like ASW suddenly switched on but it isn't even on?