cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bought and sent back within 2 weeks

Reko420
Honored Guest
So I feel hard when rift came out...than rift s came out and jumped on it...so 2 weeks later my controller messes up( not even gonna go I to other problems as they been addressed with no help from oculus...so what shall I do....as of now I had to get the old rift back out cause I'm done with oculus...I'm go in vive cosmos now due to the fail product oculus rushed out ...thank you oculus for takin my money and giving us a cheaper....flimsy...piece of Shi*.....I'm actually shocked and kinda irritated with oculus...I mean I got 3 sensors and 4 old rift controllers....if they would allow us to use these with the rift s...omg that would be super...I mean usually when a new console or whatnot comes out...they atleast make it so u can still use old equipment on the newer systems...so wtf...it cant be that hard to update this...sadly i dont think I can wait for oculus to decide for us if we need it or could benefit from these...id still have mine if they did...but nope...oculus failed. 
12 REPLIES 12

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
HTC Cosmos doesn't use sensors either, but I'm sure you know that already.

Digikid1
Consultant
Hate to tell you but HTC Vive just plain sucks compared to Oculus.  If you think that Oculus support is bad......wait until you have to deal with HTC.

Reko420
Honored Guest
Ive heard bout the vive...hopefully cosmos will be better...so far by what I've seen it looks like they took more time making it 

kojack
MVP
MVP
The Cosmos also can't use previous equipment. You can't use the Vive lighthouses, it's an inside out camera system. You also can't use the Vive wands or the new knuckles controllers, the Cosmos uses specific Rift-S style controllers (the entire tracking system is incompatible between the Cosmos and all other HTC/Valve headsets).

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

CapnBludd
Explorer
Common sense tells you why they can't use the old controllers.  The headset can't see them because the rings are blocked by your hands.  You can't use the sensors because the headset does the sensing and a few minutes of research tells you that. I do feel that the controller ring is less sturdy, but it could just be a perception thing for me.

rednekcowboy77
Adventurer

kojack said:

The Cosmos also can't use previous equipment. You can't use the Vive lighthouses, it's an inside out camera system. 

You forgot to mention that like the Rift-S, because it is inside-out tracking, there is no need for external tracking devices....Tell the whole truth instead of bsing....FYI, inside out tracking--at least with the Rift-S is awesome and a major improvement over the external tracking.  I can't speak to the Vive iteration as I have never used it.

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

kojack said:

The Cosmos also can't use previous equipment. You can't use the Vive lighthouses, it's an inside out camera system. 

You forgot to mention that like the Rift-S, because it is inside-out tracking, there is no need for external tracking devices....Tell the whole truth instead of bsing.

lol - I think you missed the point entirely. There was nobody hiding the whole truth or bs'ing. You need to read what the OP said to understand things. Context is important.

The OP said:
"I'm go in vive cosmos now
I got 3 sensors and 4 old rift controllers....

if they would allow us to use these with the rift s...

omg that would be super

at least make it so u can still use old equipment on the newer systems"

So you see, going Vive Cosmos won't allow him to use the older Vive equipment either (e.g. lighthouses). Which is what kojack's point addresses. You might want to read everything first, before running around accusing people of hiding the truth and bs'ing.

kojack
MVP
MVP

kojack said:

Tell the whole truth instead of bsing....

wlz1o0my4sm5.gif

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

Anonymous
Not applicable
If the controllers fail - .... this doesn't make sense really xD Why not call out on warranty. Even then - the controllers can't be backwards like because the tracking is different - the method is the same - but the way it goes about positioning the cameras is. So even if they did - it wouldn't make sense and be FAR worst than before. Most companies are going this route at some point in the future for lots of reasons. Your only hope would be the Vavle Index as far as a stop gab solution for the time being.