cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Rift Free Roam?

RAWthenticTTV
Honored Guest
Im looking for something to turn the joysticks into working controller so I would be able to move around with them?
I know this is possible for VIVE users is there anything we can use?
10 REPLIES 10

MikeF
Trustee

Im looking for something to turn the joysticks into working controller so I would be able to move around with them?

You want to turn the thumbsticks on the touch controllers into a controller? Can you clarify that? 

RAWthenticTTV
Honored Guest
Yes! Ive seen people move around freely. But these people have been on the vive. Im wondering if there is anything for rift like that. I guess it doesn't have to be the joysticks for movement would just make the most sense to me.

MikeF
Trustee
Ah, you mean you want to move using the thumbsticks. Thats a per game setting left up to developers

RAWthenticTTV
Honored Guest
So then im guessing this mod that allows Vive users to move freely. Is just a vive thing then. because I can assure you its not a game mechanic as its not something you can do just by booting the game.

MikeF
Trustee
could be openvr advanced settings maybe, not sure what game you're talking about tho

RAWthenticTTV
Honored Guest
If that will help. Its for PokerstarsVR

MikeF
Trustee
Well, thats my game so i can 100% confirm they're using a 3rd party tool to displace their centerpoint. We only support dash and teleport movement in the lobby and no movement at the table

RAWthenticTTV
Honored Guest
Are you a dev???? And yes I know its a third party tool im just wondering if there is one for the rift as well :smile:

MikeF
Trustee
Yes, i created PokerStarsVR, thats my game.