cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Valve Index: Pixel Flashing

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
Beyond the issues of the Knuckles and their manufacturing defects, it looks like the HMD itself is suffering from some "sparkling" issues.

Those flashing images remind me of... umm....

33 REPLIES 33

Anonymous
Not applicable
Observation is the wrong word here. That is your opinion of what you "think" has happen.

I don't think 3-4 sub post saying you don't like the design is the same as chastising the Rift S. Yet, there are MANY post from you - to whole on threads trying to call out the problems of other product stacks to be bad.  """Beyond the issues of the Knuckles and their manufacturing defects, it looks like the HMD itself is suffering from some "sparkling" issues."""

"""2+ year history of focusing on Oculus flaws despite you not owning a working PCVR HMD, you turned rather sour towards anything I say and do."""

action A != action B

All I pointed out was that we can't focus on the bad when there are still a large number of good still going on. A problem like this is more likely sloveable at this time same as Oculus having the problem a while back. You are the one that brought all this up right after that=) that seems to be a "You" problem than a "my" problem:)

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

Mradr said:

Observation is the wrong word here. That is your opinion of what you "think" has happen.

Incorrect. I could quote specifics, but you would just continue being argumentative. Observation is the correct word. And the word I would use to address your response is "denial."

I don't think 3-4 sub post saying you don't like the design is the same as chastising the Rift S. Y

Irrelevant point. This is what you said:

you never talk about Oculus flaws at all

You do understand what the word "never" means, right? How about the phrase "at all"? Your response indicates that you may not understand these words and phrases.
😉

Anonymous
Not applicable

Zenbane said:

Yes you never have:) So in this thread - where have you talk about Oculus having this problem or comparing the two between each other? Hmm?

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

Mradr said:

Zenbane said:

Yes you never have

Wrong again.

"Yes, I admit that this time around I am very critical of a Rift product.
They changed the head strap, tracking, and the audio integration. So
Rift-S has a lot to overcome to win me over!"

"Yes, this is what the last 2 days of debate have been focused on. With a
dash of Lens changes, a dose of missing integrated Speakers, and some
Lenovo Halo for dessert. Welcome to hell."

Those are just 2 examples. There's more, but I anticipate more denial from you, even if I had 100 examples.
😄

So in this thread - where have you talk about Oculus having this problem or comparing the two between each other? Hmm?

This thread is about the Valve Index. Check the title.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Zenbane said:
So in this thread - where have you talk about Oculus having this problem or comparing the two between each other? Hmm?

This thread is about the Valve Index. Check the title.

This thread is about propaganda against the company you feel isn't Oculus. That's cool:)

Oh Great Zen - tell us all about it=) I mean you have one, right?

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

Mradr said:

This thread is about propaganda against the company you feel isn't Oculus.

You're welcome to feel that way. Doesn't bother me one bit.

You haven't owned a PCVR headset in over 2 years, yet you still post in PCVR threads, right?

😉

Techy111
MVP
MVP
This is techy111 and I think he's had enough chaps =

pbtkmyzlwd6n.gif
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Zenbane said:

You haven't owned a PCVR headset in over 2 years, yet you still post in PCVR threads, right?

😉

*rolls eyes* as you told me - it doesn't matter - you don't own one - you can't talk about it. Close thread and move on...

kevinw729
Honored Visionary
Please do not close the thread, just stick to the discussion and avoid evoking Techy111's wrath! 
https://vrawards.aixr.org/ "The Out-of-Home Immersive Entertainment Frontier: Expanding Interactive Boundaries in Leisure Facilities" https://www.amazon.co.uk/Out-Home-Immersive-Entertainment-Frontier/dp/1472426959

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
So getting back on track,
It looks like 3 different related topics are being discussed on reddit about the issue.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ValveIndex/comments/c72jx4/mini_displayport_adapter/
https://www.reddit.com/r/ValveIndex/comments/c6j2dd/flashing_pixels_on_dark_backgrounds/

Most signs point to a faulty cable. Someone else uploaded a video showing the Index sparkling.