cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RTX 2080ti and Rift S - Black Screen Issues - Oculus helpdesk lost...

blacky75
Explorer
Hello dear community,

I'd like to know how many gamers have problems on the combination RTX 2080ti card with the Rift-S.

I had the Rift S running on a 'simple' 1080, and it worked fine. When I changed a few weeks ago for a new 2080ti, I was stunned on the performance jump in the VR world. But... since the latest firmware update on the rift (at least it's what I highly guess), I got Black Screen, or sometimes only 3 dots graphic in the VR.

I've done all things asked by the oculus support. (I'm on a 3 screen setup btw, under Windows 10 64b, up to date). Now in despite of finding a solution, I went the ultime "I DO NOT WANNA DO THAT" solution, reinstall the whole. Which...... I did.... But still black screen. And I went all "might-be-solution" through (leaving only 1 screen connected, changing HDMI or DP port, USB port changing and power saver setup, and so forth.)

Now, I'd like to know, who has the same BlackScreen issues, on which pc setup (graphic card)? I'm not at all into the oculus coding or nvidia drivers, but something went berserk between the latest oculus fw update and the nvidia drivers (up to date too).

Anyone? I search around, find that I'm not alone, but looks like no solution comes up or posts being deleted to oversee that there's a problem, somewhere (which is never good 🙂 )

TIA 🙂
specs: MB-Asus P9X79, CPU-i7 4820K (not OC'ed) Watercooled, RAM-64Gb, SSDs, GC-Zotac AmpExtreme 2080ti, Oculus Rift S, 3x32Samsung Screen
8 REPLIES 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
I used to get a black screen and found disabling my secondary monitor before using Rift S solved that for me.

Are you sure you have camera enabled currently in your Windows 10 settings?

blacky75
Explorer
Thnx for your hind, but even when leaving only 1 screen connected I have he same issues 😞 Yes camera settings enabled.... I really can't wait to jump into EliteDangerous again!!!! 😄 It's driving me crazy :dizzy:
specs: MB-Asus P9X79, CPU-i7 4820K (not OC'ed) Watercooled, RAM-64Gb, SSDs, GC-Zotac AmpExtreme 2080ti, Oculus Rift S, 3x32Samsung Screen

Anonymous
Not applicable

blacky75 said:

Thnx for your hind, but even when leaving only 1 screen connected I have he same issues 😞 Yes camera settings enabled.... I really can't wait to jump into EliteDangerous again!!!! 😄 It's driving me crazy :dizzy:

Have you tried the below?

• Disconnect your computer from the internet.
  • Back up any Oculus content if you want to. Click here for instructions. (This step is completely optional.)
  • Reboot your computer into Safe Mode. For instructions, click here.
  • Uninstall Oculus Home using the Control Panel.
  • Delete all Oculus folders from here:
    • C:\Program Files
  • Remove any Oculus folders from here:
    • C:\Users\YourUserProfile\AppData
    • C:\Users\YourUserProfile\AppData\Local
    • C:\Users\YourUserProfile\AppData\LocalLow
    • C:\Users\YourUserProfile\AppData\Roaming
  • Reboot your computer into normal mode.
  • Reconnect the computer to the internet.
  • Reinstall Oculus Home with a new installer

• Neo_420
    Protege
    Try your GPU in a different slot

blacky75
    Explorer

dburne said:

blacky75 said:

Done all that already, helpless. I think I'm condamned to wait oculus to cross their data with others and see that or their firmware lacks somewhere or their drivers lacking compatibility with nvidia's drivers... who knows...

sraura
    Heroic Explorer
    You might want to try connecting your rift s to the usb-c connector you should have in your graphics card... obviously you need usb-c to usb-a 3.1 adapter. That has solved many issues with these new generation graphics cards.
    Also unrelated to above - if your computer's bios has thunderbolt setting under acpi settings, turn that on.

blacky75
    Explorer

sraura said:

You might want to try connecting your rift s to the usb-c connector you should have in your graphics card... obviously you need usb-c to usb-a 3.1 adapter. That has solved many issues with these new generation graphics cards.

ordered in the afternoon a conferter for USB-C to a USB female.... in the meantime I connected it to one of the 2 USB3 connection I got on extension PCI card .... and *¨%@# see there, it works!!!!! Yep, it's fairly a USB driver problem somehow, as it worked on the "older" USB 3 before ^^ thnaks for your inpu Sraura!

TragicDelight
    Protege

blacky75 said:

dburne said:

blacky75 said:

Done all that already, helpless. I think I'm condamned to wait oculus to cross their data with others and see that or their firmware lacks somewhere or their drivers lacking compatibility with nvidia's drivers... who knows...

fixed it by updating the GPU drivers.