cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Index thread (please keep to subject)

Techy111
MVP
MVP
As per the title, please respect the users who post here and keep it on topic, any nonsense and......grrr
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

2,973 REPLIES 2,973

Techy111
MVP
MVP
Yeah whatever headset comes out first with the resolution for my sims will get my money. Gutted that the HP offering was a dud at the time mate. Fingers crossed for the near future.
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

Shadowmask72
Honored Visionary
Pimax 8KX might interest you Techy111. It will be interesting to see if they get it right out of the gate this time.

System Specs: MSI NVIDIA RTX 4090 , i5 13700K CPU, 32GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 11 64 Bit OS.

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
BTW, Shadow Legend is 50% off on Steam - it's one of my favorite VR games, and it has full Index support:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/987230/Shadow_Legend_VR/

"Hey Guys,

We've recently added support for the new INDEX Knuckles controllers that includes finger tracking and pressure sensitive item interaction for all objects, belt items, and bow/arrow shooting.

If you have the INDEX Controllers be sure to open the in-game Start Menu and select the button interaction as "Grip" instead of trigger. (This will enable the pressure sensitive functionality for the controllers.)

Cheers,
VitruviusVR Team"

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

Techy111
MVP
MVP

Pimax 8KX might interest you Techy111. It will be interesting to see if they get it right out of the game.

I shall keep my eyes peeled. 

Star-lizard
Rising Star

Techy111
MVP
MVP
Damn, no good for us Brits !!!

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
Trained my vr legs this evening  :# For years I've avoided Adr1ft because of gamepad controls in the Oculus Store version, but then I saw that the Steam version supports wands and Index controllers - in short I bought the game and it's quite good on the Index:

https://youtu.be/aKiBnRMMfpU

This sort of explains the Knuckles trackpads that many dislike, but in games like Adr1ft trackpads ensure full wands compatibility - and the trackpads work just fine - and thumb sticks work too.

Then I played some V-Racer Hoverbike, and it's probably best for my stomach just to sit still and stare at a wall for 10 minutes, lol.

BTW, Zed just got a 6GB update and also runs nice on the Index. I maxed out in-game res and then further set ss to 150% in SteamVR and I usually get 90 fps. Music and voice are really great using the Index speakers in Zed.

https://youtu.be/6C1gOWtjQTQ

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD

Shadowmask72
Honored Visionary
I'm 9 hours in NMS now on Index on one of my saves. Not sure I want to play any other VR games at the moment other than Espire 1 which is due out this month.

I  now own a freighter which I can command and send on missions. I have two planetside bases now in different systems. I found a really nice Earth like biome but with pumpkin like creatures roaming about. Lots of Gold here too to mine. I just upgraded my weapon for the first time. I've shot down several attacking ships and undertaken various side-missions. A bit of everything then so far with more to come.

System Specs: MSI NVIDIA RTX 4090 , i5 13700K CPU, 32GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 11 64 Bit OS.

RedRizla
Honored Visionary

They still selling this pile of junk instead of fixing it? I just saw this on reddit which means the are doing nothing to fix this headset by the looks of things.

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

I'm 9 hours in NMS now on Index on one of my saves. Not sure I want to play any other VR games at the moment other than Espire 1 which is due out this month.

I  now own a freighter which I can command and send on missions. I have two planetside bases now in different systems. I found a really nice Earth like biome but with pumpkin like creatures roaming about. Lots of Gold here too to mine. I just upgraded my weapon for the first time. I've shot down several attacking ships and undertaken various side-missions. A bit of everything then so far with more to come.

How are the graphics later on? Even using Ultra, and the performance seems quite good after the latest patches, graphics still look kinda poor. Coming back to SteamVR Home looks so much better when exiting NMS. NMS graphics are very hard on my eyes, lol. I know NMS isn't about graphics but about what you can do, maybe I should give it another try. At least I've found some sodium and found my spaceship...