cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dirt rally 2.0 vr

f1iceman07
Explorer
Any ideas what is actually happening with the vr update, its gotta be close now.
I can not fi d one thing about apart from months ago just realised in the summer.
Someone must no something.

52 REPLIES 52

JoeManji08
Heroic Explorer

@JoeManji08

I own the steam VR version which works fine on Rift-S but I have very beefy system
I run every thing on ultra and SS 2.0
Tip if you purchase the Steam Version didn't run Advanced OpenVR setting for steam VR this is a plug-in also use the SteamVR beta 1.7.6
RTX 2080ti
R9 3900X
64 GB Ram

Thanks for the info!  My system is not quite there -- still respectable with a 1080ti and OC i7 4790k.  But your response is enough to make it worth giving the Steam version a chance I think.  I haven't really had problems with any other steam titles in the past, even ones that don't have Oculus VR mode.

Hicks613
Heroic Explorer
Multiple systems here, Steam version of the game.
I had access to test on stock 9770k, RTX 2080, 32gb ram as well as a Ryzen 3 3600 with gtx 1080ti, 16gb ram.
Both systems are fully SSD or NVME drives.
Both systems, build 1903 of windows, freshly  installs.  This game runs like crap on Oculus.

All graphical settings set to the absolute minimum settings.  All it, off or low.

Dirt Rally 2.0 looks like garbage and runs poorly.  I had better visuals playing sega rally for windows 95.  Better performance too.

The Oculus version, runs great (on both systems, all graphical options max or close to maxed out ) - But I'm not buying this game a second time.

It seems there is something pretty shifty going,  Oculus or Codemasters are not interested in fixing the steam version.

1. Oculus version has no dlc - so there's more to sell us at a later date.
2. Oculus version costs more, way more than the steam version.

So I have to ask, who is preventing the Oculus API from coming to the steam version of the game?  Is it Oculus? Or is Codemasters just trying to recover some cost in some shifty way?

Because Codemasters could easily release a beta channel of the game, with the Oculus API edition in that channel so Oculus users can get the correct version in Steam.

Can somebody with a twitter account hound https://twitter.com/pj_tierney?lang=en

Hicks613
Heroic Explorer

Graphics are PlayStation quality at best, even on the rift, refunded after 5 min. The steam version is HTC only from what I understand  :'(

Wrong the graphics are excellent  much better than Dirt Rally the problem is need a lot of computer power to make it playable.

You're wrong....if you make assumptions about Superdave132's settings.  So please don't shut others down with "Wrong".

The graphics are excellen on the Oculus version.  And it runs well on a gtx 1080ti for most users.  Or at least in comparison to the steam version.

On the steam version, to get close to (but still frame drops every few seconds) in the steam version, I 've dropped all graphical settings to their bare minimum.  The game resembles rally games from 20 years ago and still runs like crap.

john.zigmont
Heroic Explorer
Your Wrong I own the steam version and the graphics and frame rate are excellent.all setting set to ultra or high with SS 2.0.
I stand by what I said the Steam version of Dirt Rally 2.0 is excellent in VR compared to Dirt Rally the only problem is you need to run Steam VR beta and don't have any plug in's for Steam VR and a high end PC. 

Hicks613
Heroic Explorer

Graphics are PlayStation quality at best, even on the rift, refunded after 5 min. The steam version is HTC only from what I understand  :'(

The steam version is a hot mess for oculus users.  Somebody *cough*Oculus/Codemasters*cough* appear to be happy to direct us to the Oculus store version.

What are you settings or setup.

john.zigmont
Heroic Explorer
The three computers  I use for gaming are the specs are listed below

R9-3900x 
Aorus X580 
RTX 2080ti
64 GB DDR 4 3200 

I9-9900K
RTX 2070
32 GB DDR 4 3000

I7-7700K
Aorus 270 Gaming 7
16 GB DDR 4 3200
GTX 1060 6 GB

I own a Rift-S, Vive and 2 Samsung Odysseys and Dirt Rally 2 runs the same on all my headsets I prefer the Rift-S to play all my VR games.
Even the I7-7700K computer runs the game well all I have to do is turn down SS 1.0 and some Ultra setting to High and it runs very well in VR.
I stated before it takes a lot of computer power to run the game in VR  in your case it not the graphics it the framerate.when  the graphics are turn up also if you run Steam VR you must uninstall Advancesettings plug in this trashes the framerate and use Steam VR beta .1.7.6.

rVRcloset
Heroic Explorer
I finally got DR2.0 to run decent in VR, with settings from a friend. Seems that higher settings gives better performance than low for some reason??.. I have the steam version. Still needs optimizasion, and feel my pc should handle higher graphics, but looks pretty good on those settings. I do get some stutters here and there when recording, but looks smoother in my S than in the vid, didn't see any stutters on this stage.
https://youtu.be/vh4mUQwuqAM

The Closet Sim Rig
Aourus Pro Z390 - i7 8086K 32GB Ram - MSI RTX 2080 Ti Gaming X Trio 11GB - Windows 10  / GT Omega WS - NLR V3 - RS6 - Jetseat kw-908 / Fanatec CSW 2.5 / Fanatec ClubSport V3 pedals / Fanatec SQ Shifter 1.5 / Fanatec CS HB V.1.5 / HE SQ Shifter / SHH Shifter / TH8A Shifter / G27 Shifter - Button Box / DSD Button Box / BBJ Button Box / Wind simulator / Rift - S

francesco_2013
Protege
The problems with the Oculus version are two:

- No DLCs ... yet (Codemasters refuses to tell a date for that). We dont have all the extra content the Steam version has.
- No multiplayer ... I cannot find anybody when I do FIND A GAME. Anybody managed to play in multiplayer ?

kellemann
Explorer
I have very few colours onscreen on nigth stages. like max 64 colours. Anybody eles have this problem?

john.zigmont
Heroic Explorer
I purchased the steam version of Dirt Rally 2.0 deluxe during the steam summer sale once Codemasters made the vr announcement Oculus didn't state the store was even going to sell the game.
I never had a problem playing steam vr games with my rift I have very beefy system even OpenComposite now works with the game I can run it any system in my household and enjoy all the download content.