Oculus Will not Download on my HDD — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Oculus Will not Download on my HDD

EpimystEpimyst Posts: 1
NerveGear
I've run out of space on my SSD, so I had to uninstall the oculus software. As such, I've tried to put it on my HDD instead. I do what is instructed on here : https://support.oculus.com/1142129705828091/?sf217762152=1#faq_1142129705828091

After I do that It wants me to accept it as admin, I do that & get past a few pages until I get greeted with the picture below. I have well over that amount of storage space left on my HDD, so I have 0 clue why it is doing that. It is a Internal NTFS drive as well. I need help otherwise I'm going to sell my VR, because It's ridiculous if I can't even use it.

Comments

• TomCgcmfcTomCgcmfc Posts: 1,259
    Wintermute
    Honestly, it best/easiest to just clear enough room on your C Drive and install the Oculus software there.  After that, just select your other drive as the default for your Oculus games.  Also, tell Steam to install/move then to this other drive as well.  This might help clear a little more room on your SSD drive as well.  Other option is to go out and buy a larger SSD drive and clone it with your current drive.

Custom built gaming desktop; i9 9900k (water cooled) oc to 5ghz, gtx 1080 ti (from my old AGA), 32 gb 3000hz ram, 1 tb ssd, 4 tb hdd.  Asus  ROG Maximus xi hero wifi mb, StarTech 4 port/4 controller sata powered usb3.0 pcie card, Asus VG248QE 1080p 144hz gaming monitor, Oculus Rift cv1 w/2x sensors.

• RichooalRichooal Posts: 1,115
    Wintermute
    Agree with @TomCgcmfc. There was no need to uninstall, just make your HDD the default storage location.

Although, by now the Oculus install program should be giving options to install to other drives.
    Most people have small system SSD's and most VR apps are huge and most programs do NOT require installing on the C drive. Come on Facebook/Oculus get this stuff sorted.
    i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - 0 PROBLEMS