cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Quest - Defect analog stick

pocken
Honored Guest
I got my Quest on Friday last week and after about one hour of use, the analog stick on my left controller is broken... It will no longer center itself when you let go of it, as the picture below shows.

I got quick reply from the customer support, they answered my ticket after 20 mins. BUT I am far from happy with the way they want to deal with this. They are telling me I have to ship my controller to their return center and then wait for a replacement controller which will take 3-5 days to ship.
My suggestion to first ship the replacement and then let me return the defect controller was dismissed.

Has anyone else experienced a defect controller?
Has anyone experience from dealing with the support in return cases?
What kind of compensation is fair to expect from this kind of issue? I will not be able to use my brand new Quest for more than one week.

rwxnqxr4ix6u.jpg
4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
I recently had to RMA my Rift CV1, and I found customer service went far and beyond in my case. I was literally 2 weeks from my warranty expiring, but couldn't find my damn receipt. They suggested contacting the Microsoft store where I purchased it, but said they'd still work with me if they couldn't help. Luckily enough, Microsoft store still had it in their system, so they emailed me a copy. But as I said, Oculus said they'd still work with me if MS couldn't help. I've never known a company to do anything like that. But as for your case in general...is this your first RMA of any kind? They usually do want the defective item to begin with, as they could fix it or replace it...that's their option. It's only 1 week of your life...it's not the end of the world.

MikeF
Trustee
This is totally normal RMA procedure for oculus, nothing you can do about it.

DeF46
Honored Guest
For what it's worth I've had the exact same issue with a unit purchased in September in EU.

Left controller thumb stick does not return to center from the top left quadrant.

I will probably get a replacement from Amazon.

Out of curiosity shoudl I ever need to RMA a part, do you have to ship to US?

CosmicDancerIII
Honored Guest
the joystick on my right controller has done exactly the same, system is new and only had a few hours use, probably less on the joystick. just reported to support, lets see!