Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HOLY S*** No Mans Sky Coming August 14th Prepare your Engines

Shadowmask72
Honored Visionary
Can't wait.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLUDNnIXZmM

System Specs: MSI NVIDIA RTX 4090 , i5 13700K CPU, 32GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 11 64 Bit OS.
659 REPLIES 659

MowTin
Expert Trustee

snowdog said:

Has anyone been able to build material up using the Terrain thingy yet? I can't work it out, all I can manage to do is dig holes so far. I might try and bury myself to avoid those bloody Sentinals, the flying ones aren't so bad but the dog-like ones are right fuckers. 😮 😄

Yeah, when you use the menu on your right hand to select the terrain tool, to the right of that you'll see a mode button. Once you select mode, then on your left hand you'll see options for different kinds of terrain to build. 

Is the idea to dig a hole and then block it to escape the sentinels? 
i7 9700k 3090 rtx   CV1, Rift-S, Index, G2

Anonymous
Not applicable

MowTin said:

snowdog said:

Has anyone been able to build material up using the Terrain thingy yet? I can't work it out, all I can manage to do is dig holes so far. I might try and bury myself to avoid those bloody Sentinals, the flying ones aren't so bad but the dog-like ones are right fuckers. 😮 😄

Yeah, when you use the menu on your right hand to select the terrain tool, to the right of that you'll see a mode button. Once you select mode, then on your left hand you'll see options for different kinds of terrain to build. 

Is the idea to dig a hole and then block it to escape the sentinels? 

Yup, that's what I was thinking. Or maybe surround myself with built up earth to do the same thing on the ground.

bigmike20vt
Visionary
open composite is so close to working with this now.  performance looks improved however i would like to have got in the ship to test fully... however the controls are borked.... back to steamvr for now.

Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR 🙂

RattyUK
Trustee
A bit sad, the patches released in experimental have been very positive and improving each time.  The last issued today was, in my opinion, a step backward as everything is now fuzzy (where previously textures in e.g. Freighter were sharp and well defined) and I can only play for around 10 minutes before the game hangs.  Two attempts to debrief and send out new missions have been lost.
Fingers crossed tomorrow will bring a fix, not trying again tonight 😞
PC info: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X - Sapphire 7900XTX - 32GB DDR4 4000 - 3 NVMe + 3SATA SSD - Quest 2 & 3

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP
Another case of too much hype for me.  Once I go into the game I found it pretty silly, hard to follow, and the graphics did not turn me on.  I ended up getting a refund from Steam (no problem btw).
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

TomCgcmfc said:

Another case of too much hype for me.  Once I go into the game I found it pretty silly, hard to follow, and the graphics did not turn me on.  I ended up getting a refund from Steam (no problem btw).

bigmike20vt
Visionary

TomCgcmfc said:

hype is a problem in most things which is why i try to go into everything expecting the worst... that way if it ends up being crap you wont be dissapointed.
(there are exceptions of course).
I went into NMS expecting it to be cartoony, a bit BS and grindy but hoping for a nice VR experience.

as such i am happy with NMS.
Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR 🙂

Star-lizard
Rising Star
No Mans Sky Logo
MENU

BEYOND PATCH 2.09

August 22, 2019.

Hello everyone,

Thank you again to everyone playing Beyond, especially those taking the time to report any issues they encounter via Zendesk or console crash reporting.

We are listening closely to your feedback, and have identified and resolved a number of stability issues. Fixes for these were released on Steam experimental earlier today, and this patch, 2.09, is now live on PC. We’ll be rolling out these fixes to other platforms as soon as possible.

Bug fixes

• Enabled mouse and keyboard rebinding on PC. Gamepad and other device rebinding can be performed via Steam.
  • Fixed an issue that caused starships to spin endlessly while attempting to dock in the Space Anomaly.
  • Fixed an issue that could cause dismantling the Signal Booster to remove other building parts.
  • Fixed a crash when displaying markers for other players.
  • Fixed an issue that could cause hands to become invisible.
  • Fixed an issue that could prevent players in multiplayer from speaking to NPCs on the Space Station.
  • Fixed an issue in Creative Mode that would prevent the Overseer mission chain from starting.
  • Fixed an issue where some players were unable to summon the Space Anomaly after upgrading from NEXT.
  • Fixed an issue where players were asked to collect nanites from an unusable terminal during the Ghost in the Machine mission.
  • Fixed an issue where players were charged too much when trading in their existing ship or Multi-Tool.
  • Fixed an issue where ships that were being added to a player’s fleet would be instead be traded in if purchased while the player’s current ship still had cargo aboard.
  • Fixed an issue that caused the Upgrade Modules popup to display too aggressively, and to experienced players who did not need to see it.
  • Fixed an issue that caused overly dramatic camera shake in the Space Anomaly.
  • Fixed a crash that could occur when quitting the game.
  • Fixed a rare crash in base wiring.
  • Fixed an issue that caused the loading progress value to appear in the wrong font in certain languages.

We will continue to release patches as issues are identified and resolved. If you experience any issues, let us know by submitting a bug report.

Thank you,
Hello Games

Star-lizard
Rising Star
Well my performance still sucks and I think it's partly because I removed no man's sky from the Oculus games list early on and no cannot get it back. So AWS has no affect on it and my fps is all over the place

bigmike20vt
Visionary
HG continue to impress me at the speed they are pumping out fixes.