Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Serious Sam VR: The Last Hope - Teaser Trailer

Shadowmask72
Honored Visionary
https://youtu.be/4WxwHBxupbI

This game will be pure madness in VR.

System Specs: MSI NVIDIA RTX 4090 , i5 13700K CPU, 32GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 11 64 Bit OS.
26 REPLIES 26

MowTin
Expert Trustee

This series of games has been one of my absolute favorites in VR for the past 3 years! And if you still just have the CV1 (Like me), its still excellent!

I never played this in VR. I don't like the ones that are just wave shooters where you stand in one place flighitng off waves. What's the best version? 
i7 9700k 3090 rtx   CV1, Rift-S, Index, G2

Digikid1
Consultant
This is a FANTASTIC game.  Great for a sitting down time waster.

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

MowTin said: I never played this in VR. I don't like the ones that are just wave shooters where you stand in one place flighitng off waves. What's the best version? 

I greatly dislike wave shooters too - for long that kept me from buying Last Hope. But you like Doom VFR, and Last Hope is CroTeam's (main) attempt making an awesome VR experience. Just like CryTek made Robinson and The Climb to really show off VR, in Last Hope you have the full force of the Serious Engine - much like in Talos, so Last Hope isn't the usual UE4 or Unity cup of tea 😉 
The action is so intense that I'm actually happy I don't have to move - of course the game's intensity is designed for you only to focus on shooting enemies. Using the Index the graphics are head and shoulders above the CV1, I would even consider Last Hope a must-have for Index owners. And I haven't even tried to increase ss to the max yet, lol. In case you don't agree with me, you can always refund the game. I'm using Revive, Touch is perfectly emulated (at least my brain doesn't notice Knuckles after a few seconds and thinks it's using Touch like in the good ol' days). 

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

Wildt
Consultant
If you're looking for a great non-wave FPS shooter, then SS3 VR is hard to beat. 
My Steam review
PCVR: CV1 || 4 sensors || TPcast wireless adapter || MamutVR Gun stock V3
PSVR: PS4 Pro || Move Controllers || Aim controller
WMR: HP Reverb

JoeManji08
Heroic Explorer

MowTin said:

I never played this in VR. I don't like the ones that are just wave shooters where you stand in one place flighitng off waves. What's the best version? 

Sorry for the late response -- I agree with both Rune and Wildt!  I dislike most wave shooters, but I really enjoyed this one!

I think the best one is Serious Sam: BFE (the 3rd one in order of release, but by chronoligical storyline, it's a prequel). I still would recommend playing all 3 of them.

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
Fresh review (published yesterday) - by some dude who thinks it's the best VR game of all B)

https://youtu.be/SxDkLIWaQdg

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD

bigmakbm1
Honored Guest
So, I'm new to VR. Why is it exactly that one has to move in FPS games either with teleport mechanics? Can't games be played walking around using the thumb sticks just like consoles?

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

bigmakbm1 said:

So, I'm new to VR. Why is it exactly that one has to move in FPS games either with teleport mechanics? Can't games be played walking around using the thumb sticks just like consoles?

Yes, try Arizona Sunshine it's awesome, but there're many more games with full locomotion (=walking around using the thumbstick). 

BTW, in a few days this DLC is expected to launch:

https://youtu.be/AYn__NFoRnI

Wildt
Consultant

bigmakbm1 said:

SS1, 2 and 3 VR offer stick locomotion. 
PCVR: CV1 || 4 sensors || TPcast wireless adapter || MamutVR Gun stock V3
PSVR: PS4 Pro || Move Controllers || Aim controller
WMR: HP Reverb

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
Serious Sam VR: The Last Hope is on sale for just $6:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/465240/Serious_Sam_VR_The_Last_Hope/

This game looks surprisingly great using the Index (and thus I'd expect nothing less using Rift-S) - but CroTeam always did use awesome textures and lighting etc. Also, while the Oculus version can be Revived, the controllers don't work with the bow - but work fine with the guns. Unfortunately you need the bow in some levels. I guess I just bought myself a bow for $6  o:)

xlvoc6dix5md.jpg
1egvb2bz6wfg.jpg
lv3wk8sy2847.jpg

PS. Pancake lovers can soon enjoy Serious Sam 4:

https://youtu.be/qhBUvRhaA4U