cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager
Dash
  • We've added a new button to the Dash belt to select and view individual Virtual Desktop panels.
  • We've improved stability and performance of Virtual Desktop. Please make sure your version of Windows 10 is up to date to take advantage of these improvements.

Guardian

We’ve made performance improvements and feature updates to improve your experience while interacting with Guardian. These updates include:

• Ability to clear your Guardian boundary history from your Guardian settings menu.
  • Opportunity to confirm your Guardian boundaries are accurate when you first put on your headset.
  • Removed the need to indicate what direction is forward when setting up Guardian.

Store
  • Updated the design and improved performance and load times for the Oculus Store.

Home
  • You can now collect all of your Oculus Home rewards at once with the new Collect All button. (Note: this feature is rolling out slowly to everyone within 1.40. Thanks for your patience!)

Fixes
  • Fixed an issue where Touch controllers could lose tracking during fast movements with Rift.
  • Removed warning that USB drivers needed to be updated when drivers were already up to date. 
---

As always, if you encounter any issues with this software release, please be sure to report them using the Help Center > Provide Feedback option within the Oculus desktop software. If you have any feature requests or suggestions to make the Oculus software even better, please head over to our UserVoice page to share your feedback. Thanks for your continued help!
50 Comments
bamakeith20
Honored Guest
Where is the download link!?!?!?
Richooal
Consultant

You don't get one. This update will be pushed out to all headsets progressively. (With a nested level of progressively for the "Collect All" feature)
Richooal
Consultant

Dash
  • We've added a new button to the Dash belt to select and view individual Virtual Desktop panels.
  • We've improved stability and performance of Virtual Desktop. Please make sure your version of Windows 10 is up to date to take advantage of these improvements.

This wasn't in the Release Notes for the PTC 1.40
Does that mean this is a different version to the one which was in the PTC?
Digikid1
Consultant

Hilarious. 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Richooal said:

Dash

This wasn't in the Release Notes for the PTC 1.40
Does that mean this is a different version to the one which was in the PTC?

It certainly could be.
However hard to say, they may have just left the above out in the PTC release notes.

danielpeixe
Protege

Dash

I was excited for this feature, but at the moment is still buggy. It causes a crash that turns off the oculus service altogether , exiting any apps that you may have open . I do have the latest windows 10 and updated my graphics drivers to latest. 
My setup: Intel i7 4790k , RTX2070 8G RAM Nvidia driver: 436.02

Thanks!!

Just noticed my USB status lights are all green again.

Does this mean a possible end to the issue (of multiple threads about USB update warnings I mean?)  😉

RattyUK
Trustee
Even better - I can now use my Asmedia USB 3.1G2 ports!  As they provide much more power (Thanks Asus) than the G1 ports I'm hoping to see the end of swapping USB ports when the Rift S decides it isn't happy anymore 🙂
NzRadcore
Explorer
Fix the grab button release delay, or at least admit it
DennanX
Protege

NzRadcore said:

Fix the grab button release delay, or at least admit it

They are aware of the problem. Have you created a support ticket regarding it? 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just noticed my USB status lights are all green again.

Does this mean a possible end to the issue (of multiple threads about USB update warnings I mean?)  😉

It certainly seems so.
mastixas
Explorer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vbken521WeQ 
It gets really annoying when using a gunstock or just steady hands. Looking forward to be fixed.
SkateZilla
Expert Protege
for the last month, I've had an issue:
i use my HMD sans tracker sometimes (ie just motion, no position tracking (makes it easier for me in games where you are sitting and I dont need position moving).

Anyway, lately for the last month, since like 1.39, The message comes up "A Pending Hardware Issue is Preventing..."

Before I used to just Use my Xbox One controller and Click OK, then launch my Simulator and be on my merry way no problems.

Since 1.39, the App does not allow me to click "OK" to close the message, like it doesnt recognize my Xbox Controller at all, even though I have no problems with it anywhere else, the cursor used to come up w/ the xbox one controller doesnt even come up no more.

Is there anyway to actually click the OK button or force the cursor to come up?

Some of my apps, if I launch Oculus Facing 180° the opposite direction, then rotate 180 degrees back and launch the app I can continue to use, but the message box will stay on the screen behind me.
Richooal
Consultant
I'm happy to report that (as far as I can tell) this update has not negatively impacted my CV1.

Congratulations to the person at Oculus that realised the uselessness of the "extra room" previously used for the store. I've never understood the purpose of that room.
Removing it was a long awaited gift. Thank you to that person. You deserve a raise.

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP
Ya, just got the 1.40 auto-update today an all's well with my cv-1 w/2x sensors!  Thanks Oculus.
HailHoge
Explorer
displayport not working since 1.38.
It was no good this version too.
i sent log again, please use it.
Inacito
Honored Guest

Dash

I was excited for this feature, but at the moment is still buggy. It causes a crash that turns off the oculus service altogether , exiting any apps that you may have open . I do have the latest windows 10 and updated my graphics drivers to latest. 

Thanks!!

Dash

Thanks!!

Something very similar is happening to me.
When I first boot the system the headset seems to be working until it is going to be used, when suddenly a message appears telling me to connect it, sometines the HDMI cable and others the USB port.

Two days ago it was working fine, please fix it.

i7-6700, 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080, W10 1903 and nVIDIA drivers 436.02 updated
CcarderR
Honored Guest

Guardian
  • Removed the need to indicate what direction is forward when setting up Guardian.

I'm really dissaponted with last 1.40 release.

For people with square or large play area this may be no issue, but for small non-square areas that's bad, really bad.

My play area have 2x1.5m, and my facing direction MUST be set to the long side with a bed, otherwise i can't even straight my hands left and right because they reach out of play area. Unfortunately now my facing direction is set to a window, every single time when I open any game i must reset facing direction to be able to play, it does not even remember last setting, that's very frustrating...

And that's still not the biggest problem, playing Steam games right now is practically impossible... SteamVR will import and use default guardian settings and will not update it when I reset direction. I'm now forced to play while facing window or a door, because Guardian will always set short side of play area as forward. As a workaround I'm using OpenComposite for most Steam games, but not all games are compatible with it. 

There is another minor problem when setting play area in guardian, it does not correctly recognizes room shape, the grid does not match furniture, now it's not helpful at all, now it's useless.

I heave bought Rift S recently, it was really good experience, but now after the 1.40 Release my experience got significantly worse. Removal of this essential feature is plain stupid... i know, you want to simplify setup, but really please... just make it OPTIONAL. Even If not while boundary setup, please at least add an option in configuration to set facing direction globally, for every game. 

Edit:
Moving Store from "Home" to Dashboard was a good change. I have certain program set to kill "Home" whenever it launches to keep me always in empty compositor when not in game, but in exchange I had no Store access, now is just perfect. :]

@CcarderR I just checked the Guardian setup and the direction of front facing seems to just depend on where the headset is pointing when the 'Guardian Setup' window first appears.

As far as my little test seemed to show, you can keep pressing the Oculus button on the right touch, once that window is displayed, to centre that menu in what you want the front facing direction to be, then when you continue, that'll be it. Steam seemed to orient itself to that direction. Tried it a couple times and it worked for me.

So for me at least the option seems to be still there, it's just not included as a separate step.

CcarderR
Honored Guest
@DaftnDirect Thanks! It works, you're lifesaver!
Seems like I was mistaken about Guardian choosing short side of play area, SteamVR is doing just that and when Guardian always set that direction for me I thought it behaves the same. Anyway, I still think that option to set direction should be back. Manipulating "Guardian Setup" window is not valid method, and most people would never guess that, also after couple releases that workaround may not work anymore. I hope they will think about what I said in previous post.

Thanks again. :]

Edit: Seems like my previous post disappeared, I wonder why... 
Maybe if the just add text to that particular setup window to say something like 'Reposition this window using Oculus button to change forward direction'.
Nij
Heroic Explorer
Was there a touch or headset firmware update in this release, my update started to install after oculus closed and then it just seem to go off and oculus just launched again, was expecting maybe a firmware update for touch, hence the release notes, so wondered if my install didn't complete correctly,

app version is 1.40 and touch firmware is 1.12.1 (I did change the touch batteries during install as they were dead, so wondered if I caused it to not complete the install fully)

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello,
I've an download issue with this release since yesterday...  Download stop at 51% everytime I launch Oculus.
Any idea?
Thx!
jkvu493g7f07.png
Soulless512
Expert Protege
i only see this update if i opt into the PTC, otherwise i am still on 1.39.1 and it wont update to 1.40
Soulless512
Expert Protege
For the love of god fire your Q&A team. Cause y'all suck at finding bugs. A problem that I had completely fixed has not reared it's ugly little head again. I have lost complete utter tracking of my controllers and I cannot get the headset to track where my hands actually are period. This is freaking ridiculous, you would think you guys would know how to fix your screw ups but damn $399 and still has issues, jesus. I think if i had the $1000 to spend, i would get the damn index to be honest.
Anonymous
Not applicable
EDIT: Finally after 40 minutes stuck at 51%, update finished successfully. Weird...

jcbtoche said:

Hello,
I've an download issue with this release since yesterday...  Download stop at 51% everytime I launch Oculus.
jab
Rising Star
I guess the 52nd percent was really big... 🙂
Richooal
Consultant

i only see this update if i opt into the PTC, otherwise i am still on 1.39.1 and it wont update to 1.40

The update rolls out progressively (region by region, I think) so you will get it when you get it, not when you want it. That's why they say "rolling out now" instead of "available now".
TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP
Ya, once it's fully rolled out, a Reinstall and/or Repair should result in the latest final release (1.40 in this case).
JeyJey80
Honored Guest
Right I got the update yesterday (Czech Republic), but personaly I dont like new guardian without center mark and arrow facing forward. It was only one click more 🙂
Neo_420
Protege
I have been using this update now for a couple of days and i can't believe how awesome it has made my VR expirence on my Rift S i am expirencing no tracking lag with batteries full or half charge everything feels way smoother and i like the new store. So great job guys thanks for all the hardwork.
nalex66
MVP
MVP
Yeah, the new store is an improvement—no more slow loading of a different environment, just a nice snappy menu switch. With the old one, I actively avoided opening the store in VR. 
Nij
Heroic Explorer

I have been using this update now for a couple of days and i can't believe how awesome it has made my VR expirence on my Rift S i am expirencing no tracking lag with batteries full or half charge everything feels way smoother and i like the new store. So great job guys thanks for all the hardwork.

nalex66 said:

Yeah, the new store is an improvement—no more slow loading of a different environment, just a nice snappy menu switch. With the old one, I actively avoided opening the store in VR. 

Yeah totally agree, the tracking seems so much better, especially playing zero caliber, and it's nice to see some people happy with the update, instead of people having issues

Can you guys remember if you had an update on your touch controlers as I was changing the batteries during the install and it seemed to just stop and reload oculus, so was wondering if I messed up the install
nalex66
MVP
MVP
I didn’t see any indication of a Touch update (but I’m using a CV1, so it’s possible there might have been one only for Touch 2.0). 
Nij
Heroic Explorer

nalex66 said:

I didn’t see any indication of a Touch update (but I’m using a CV1, so it’s possible there might have been one only for Touch 2.0). 

cheers dude
Anonymous
Not applicable
No word on trigger release lag?
Digikid1
Consultant
Am I the only one that would like the old store environment as a separate template for another home?  I think it would be awesome and wouldn’t be a waste. 
Cpt_420
Honored Guest
after this patch i had 3 right hand controllers usb yellow again and  warning saying no headset connected so i boxed it up and sent it back for a  refund after spending £1200  on a rig  yeah yeah i clean installed too
TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

Digikid1 said:

Am I the only one that would like the old store environment as a separate template for another home?  I think it would be awesome and wouldn’t be a waste. 

Ya, that is about the only environment I would want to use as well.  Otherwise, I'll just continue using the Big White Cube custom environment (see link below).  You would think that it would be pretty easy to offer the old store environment.

https://forums.oculusvr.com/community/discussion/comment/661824#Comment_661824

Richooal
Consultant

Cpt_420 said:

after this patch i had 3 right hand controllers usb yellow again and  warning saying no headset connected so i boxed it up and sent it back for a  refund after spending £1200  on a rig  yeah yeah i clean installed too

I can't say I blame you. I mean, you went all out with the trouble shooting. A clean install should fix everything.
Hey, good luck with your next big spend buddy.

P.S. If you haven't really sent it back, you could try getting some help from support.............
https://tickets.oculusvr.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
It could be a simple thing that fixes it, and you'll forget all about your massive trouble shooting woes, if you get it going.

Come on, do a proper job.

ShiroiSakuraVR
Protege
My mic still goes off after a short time and even the Oculus Support dont find a solution, send me so many things i had to try already but nothing worked.

So seems the Rift S got a lot of problems and the support tried to tell me already that the mic problem would be no hardware issue...ok 😄 
BLADE_13
Explorer
Ever since 1.40 update I get sensors can’t track headset error!!!! Wtf man 
HailHoge
Explorer
oculus support said what we not announce displayport not working issue because cause unknown.  and i waiting 2 mo. 
As far as I know, this issue began to be reported on 2019-05-24.
I hope the next update will fix the issue.
BLADE_13
Explorer
So if anyone has eset Internet security you will need to uninstall to make rifts work! My issue was eset blocking the camera or USB activity.
Digikid1
Consultant

BLADE_13 said:

So if anyone has eset Internet security you will need to uninstall to make rifts work! My issue was eset blocking the camera or USB activity.

Nonsense. I use and sell ESET at my workplace and it has never ever interfered with Rift. You must have had a custom rule set. 
BigBadBatch
Explorer
I keep getting a red dot close to the rift s (in software) with a request of "Oculus Software restart required"
huliqan
Adventurer
Why does the Oculus force everyone to switch to the extreme 1903 version of win, which shows itself much worse in games than previous versions, for example 1607?
in 1607 last 1.40 works with issue (restarting home after removing and re-putting the helmet on the head in a few minutes)
Microsoft pays for such updates ??? (((
It would be better to add support for win 7, as it is for CV1 !!!
corsair83_FR
Honored Guest
hi, I have a problem since the last update, access to the virtual office has disappeared from my dashboard.
OculusScreenshot1664792385.jpeg
MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there @corsair83_FR We would like to get a better understanding of what you're talking about. Can you please private message us with the version number you're currently updated to?

Please select our name to get to our profile page, or click here: https://metaque.st/CommunitySupport. Next, click "Send a Message" to privately message us! Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message.

corsair83_FR
Honored Guest

Hi, Since the last update I no longer have access to my desktop by passing through the oculus headset, the icon has disappeared. J. Have the latest version 46.0.0.215.0. 

PC-Con-5_edit_851873125535115.jpg

Screenshot_20221003_193552_com.microsoft.office.outlook_edit_852097257054352.jpg