cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where do Rifts ship from (country)?

MisterBump73
Protege
I've just ordered a Rift S to be delivered to me in New Zealand. Are all headsets sent from the US, or do Oculus have distribution centers elsewhere (i.e. Australia)? Also, what are the chances of import duty? Pretty certain?
10 REPLIES 10

Richooal
Consultant
As far as I know there isn't an Australian DC, but there are several locations that it could be sent from.
The price you pay includes shipping and all taxes. It says so at the bottom of the Rift S page.......................

zcrnjwmbmxqr.jpg
i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - Rift CV1 + 3 Sensors - 1 minor problem
Dear Oculus, If it ain't broke, don't fix it, please.

MisterBump73
Protege
Yeah, I was just more wondering how long it would take - if it comes all the way from the US, it may take a while! 😞

Richooal
Consultant

Yeah, I was just more wondering how long it would take - if it comes all the way from the US, it may take a while! 😞

Shipping is quick, check your tracking when you get it. Lots of people here have been impressed by shipping times.
i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - Rift CV1 + 3 Sensors - 1 minor problem
Dear Oculus, If it ain't broke, don't fix it, please.

MisterBump73
Protege
Oh nice, good to know. 

And yeah I saw that "all applicable taxes" when I was ordering and then got hit with this *after* I'd ordered:

v9jvsugi5axd.jpg
I'm not too salty though, as even with a $150NZD import fee it's still considerably cheaper than anything that can be bought locally.

Techy111
MVP
MVP
I believe Oculus ship to you from an Asian shipping partner but yes, Kiwi's do get a bum deal on imports  😐
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

MisterBump73
Protege

Techy111 said:

I believe Oculus ship to you from an Asian shipping partner but yes, Kiwi's do get a bum deal on imports  😐

You're not wrong:
7zt3bbql7rf6.jpg

>_<

Techy111
MVP
MVP
Ouch  :s
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

MisterBump73
Protege

MisterBump73
Protege

Techy111 said:

For those interested, yes Techy was right, it has shipped from Hong Kong.