cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quest stopped working

ahcadiuh
Honored Guest
I was using the quest in a game when the screen froze then went black. Been a day and it won't turn back on and my phone can't find it. It acts like it's just dead. Anyone have this happen and is there a way to fix it? 
31 REPLIES 31

jjkrieger
Honored Guest
I let the battery die and I ended up getting picture back. 

Once you see the low battery symbol, plug it in to recharge the headset. Once you get enough battery,just start the headset as normal.

Anonymous
Not applicable
You can initiate a factory reset from the Oculus app on your phone...as long as the phone can communicate with the headset that is. 😛

Anonymous
Not applicable
Try to cast to your headset mine turned right on

blueeyes_scott
Honored Guest
I powered off my Quest last night at 100% battery. Today, it won't power on.  No light, sound ...its dead. Whether plugged in or unplugged, nothing works. I've had this exactly 6 months with no issues. Had to hold down button. for well over 30 seconds...system start up again. 

Anonymous
Not applicable
same

Elsindor
Honored Guest
Had the same problem. Casting to TV stopped first, then the headset froze along with a continuous buzzing noise. Held the power button for about 40 seconds and it all came back on - thankfully!

Umpa_PC
Rising Star
I am starting to question the validity of some of these 1 post wonders ! 
Oculus Rift S - Oculus Quest 128GB
MSI trident 3 7RB-200UK Intel Core i5-7400 3 Ghz x2
MSI GTX 1050 Ti (4GB) & MSI Aero GTX 1060 OC (6GB) & MSI Aero GTX 1070 OC 8GB
16 GB RAM x2, 1TB HDD x2, 1TB SSD x2
Windows 10 Home Edition Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363, Oculus version 17, Quest Version 17
Fan Cooling by Zotac FireStorm - AfterBurner cause me problems.

Pacman8030
Expert Protege
Throw it in the trash and buy a new one.

Mark-Bliss
Honored Guest

I powered off my Quest last night at 100% battery. Today, it won't power on.  No light, sound ...its dead. Whether plugged in or unplugged, nothing works. I've had this exactly 6 months with no issues. Had to hold down button. for well over 30 seconds...system start up again. 

Mark-Bliss
Honored Guest
Same here. Had mine 3 months. It was working a few hours ago. I powered down, charged the battery and it’s dead. No charging light, no power, nothing