Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HOLY S*** No Mans Sky Coming August 14th Prepare your Engines

Shadowmask72
Honored Visionary
Can't wait.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLUDNnIXZmM

System Specs: MSI NVIDIA RTX 4090 , i5 13700K CPU, 32GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 11 64 Bit OS.
659 REPLIES 659

nalex66
MVP
MVP
What the hell, now it says "Arrive in 5 hours." So my mission is "Reach the marked signal 0/1, Exosuit detected automated signal broadcast." It's marked "Signal Source?" with a red icon. That's my ship? If so, I'm going to quit and start over. I've just got the "walk 8000u" achievement, and I'm still seemingly no closer to reaching the signal source.

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
lol yeah something sounds fubared for sure

nalex66
MVP
MVP
Yeah, I wiped that save and restarted. This time I got a barren hellscape instead of an ice planet, but my ship was within 500u of my starting location, so that made it easier to get going. Launched into space, got the message to find some coordinates, and flew over to the marked location. It's now almost 4:00 am, so I'm calling it a night.

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

Shadowmask72
Honored Visionary
If I just gaffa tape my controller to a sink plunger it will have the same effect as Lzoltowski's right?

4v8dnjz8qbpt.jpg

System Specs: MSI NVIDIA RTX 4090 , i5 13700K CPU, 32GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 11 64 Bit OS.

LZoltowski
Champion

If I just gaffa tape my controller to a sink plunger it will have the same effect as Lzoltowski's right?

4v8dnjz8qbpt.jpg

Lol, it's all about that ball action tho.
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

@LZoltowski now you got me thinking... maybe there's a use for my old X52 that doesn't work anymore

2hwg7c8klgwp.jpg

…remove the sticks & attach cups. Bob's your uncle.

MowTin
Expert Trustee
I think I'm getting used to the virtual joystick. It's just that it's easy to panic during combat. I wish they had some combat training module so you could practice. 

I was collecting crystals on an extreme weather planet. It was pretty awesome. 
i7 9700k 3090 rtx   CV1, Rift-S, Index, G2

bigmike20vt
Visionary

They have a discord channel if anyone is interested. I haven't installed the program myself as I'm always cautious of installing stuff on my PC and I'm waiting on bigMike to fill us in

Snowdog is way more experienced with it than me
Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

They have a discord channel if anyone is interested. I haven't installed the program myself as I'm always cautious of installing stuff on my PC and I'm waiting on bigMike to fill us in

Snowdog is way more experienced with it than me

That's what she said!  B)

Easy to use. Download it. Run it. Press the Use OpenComposite button. Job done. When you want your Steam games to use SteamVR again run it and press the Use SteamVR button.

RattyUK
Trustee
Graphics loss in NMS Beyond is noticable, below are before and after Beyond - this is from 4K pancake at Ultra!  Look at the Frigates by the Freighter....

xiensc5dx4gv.jpg

xlr9g8q8zh4n.jpg

Even my gently rolling hills have gone craggy!

PC info: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X - Sapphire 7900XTX - 32GB DDR4 4000 - 3 NVMe + 3SATA SSD - Quest 2 & 3