Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HOLY S*** No Mans Sky Coming August 14th Prepare your Engines

Shadowmask72
Honored Visionary
Can't wait.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLUDNnIXZmM

System Specs: MSI NVIDIA RTX 4090 , i5 13700K CPU, 32GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 11 64 Bit OS.
659 REPLIES 659

Shadowmask72
Honored Visionary
Is this what is called a night and day difference rattyuk?  😛

System Specs: MSI NVIDIA RTX 4090 , i5 13700K CPU, 32GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 11 64 Bit OS.

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
@RattyUK - You need to show both in the daytime because I can't see the difference with one being at night time.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Anyone else noticed a crazy drop in framerate every now and then on planet surfaces? I might have to turn ASW back on!

Couldn't play the game yesterday due to me having laser treatment for diabetic retinopathy so everything was a bit blurry for a while. 😮

So there must have been an update (or probably several knowing these workaholics lol) that's screwed something up between Wednesday night and tonight that's screwing things up.

Also found a weird thing when using the Terrain Manipulator to grab some copper. I've been seeing through the planet so that you can see the sky box. Looks pretty weird  😄

RattyUK
Trustee
Not exactly daylight, but in space not far from the Freighter:
fk0ifhldl5o3.jpg
PC info: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X - Sapphire 7900XTX - 32GB DDR4 4000 - 3 NVMe + 3SATA SSD - Quest 2 & 3

Anonymous
Not applicable
Dear Oculus, No Man's Sky on my 4K flatscreen TV doesn't look anywhere near as good as it does on my Rift. Fuck you, I'm buying a Vive. 😄

RattyUK
Trustee

snowdog said:

Dear Oculus, No Man's Sky on my 4K flatscreen TV doesn't look anywhere near as good as it does on my Rift. Fuck you, I'm buying a Vive. 😄

That's  why I use a 4K monitor - TV's are tat for games 😛

It looks bad on the Rift S too...   Now waiting for Oculus to get some VR love from HG...
PC info: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X - Sapphire 7900XTX - 32GB DDR4 4000 - 3 NVMe + 3SATA SSD - Quest 2 & 3

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
@RattyUK - Obviously you who has played the game can see a difference, but having not played the game myself, I can't tell the difference unless both shots are taken in the same light and place.

RattyUK
Trustee

RedRizla said:

@RattyUK - Obviously you who has played the game can see a difference, but having not played the game myself, I can't tell the difference unless both shots are taken in the same light and place.

Ok, although night and day - this demonstrates quite well  - both are taken from my base (as above) except I've just taken the bit that is important 🙂
phkyfs46svs2.jpg

yxf08e08vbuo.jpg

Frigates with hoops...
In Beyond the details of the ships 'pop-in' just before arriving at the frigate!

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
lol, I need to log back in and see this for myself. But those screenshot compares are hilarious. Reminds me of...

RattyUK
Trustee

Zenbane said:

lol, I need to log back in and see this for myself. But those screenshot compares are hilarious. Reminds me of...

It's even worse in VR...

Even the experimental Vulkan release was almost as good as the OpenGL version (apart form my base world becoming less rolling hills...) but what we have now is like going back to the low-poly games of the '90s!

kef6zkp9j0zz.jpgVulkan Experimental - hidden behind a cloud.

In a couple more 'performance' patches I guess we'll all be flying about in ships made from little cuboids and remembering the 'good old 8 bit' days >:)